“Charming”
Review of Hotel Le St-James

Hotel Le St-James
Ranked #52 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived and throughout our stay this hotel was top notch! Old world charm at its best! The staff was wonderful! Extremely professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. We were treated as if we were both royalty and family. The room
Was spacious and white glove clean! One of my top 5 hotels I've ever stayed in. If we visit again, I will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

It was the best stay of my life! The hotel is in the heart of montreal!!! We were in the penthouse suite and the service was awesome! They think of everything! They served cookies and video games!! Everything was incredibely nice!! Thank you to all the St-James staff! :)

• Stayed: October 2011
LeStJames, Manager at Hotel Le St-James, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Jean-NicoasB,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your stay with us. We will certainly share your words with our staff and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Le St-James

Reviewed 13 May 2012

The first thing we noticed when entering our room was how CLEAN it was. It even smelled clean. We stayed in the king bed suite, and it was very roomy. The hotel is literally less than 5 minute walk to Saint Catherinr street. the people at the service desk were friendly. They give you two water bottles and complementary coffee. The only thing is the valet parking is $30 a day. But your car is parked safely indoors an you have unlimmitted in and out privileges. The pool is small, but we didn't go to Montreal to swim, we went to shop and enjoy the night life. We will definitely stay here again. Very nice hotel and decent price.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Several years ago, a friend of mine who reviews hotels for a living, suggested that I try this place next time I visited Montreal. At the time, I checked it out, but thought that it was a little out of my price range as there are often great deals for hotel rooms in Montreal. This time, I was travelling with my senior managers and I really wanted to treat them to something special. We booked 5 rooms and a meeting room for half a day, and the bill was just over $1,700, which I thought was reasonable. This hotel is close to both old Montreal and the downtown area. It is beautifully decorated, the staff are very friendly and professional. My room was upgraded (maybe because I was picking up the tab?), and it was lovely. Large bathroom with a soaking tub and shower. All up to date and modern amenities, HD TV, free WI-FI, fancy phones, you name it. My only complaint; I didn't like the pillows - too soft for my taste, but I didn't ask for an alternative, so ended up not having the best sleep, but that was my fault. I didn't use the spa, but I did take a tour. While it is very smalll and in the basement it is in a very cool space. Two people in my group had treatments and loved it. Certainly worth the money to experience total luxury in the heart of Montreal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GraftonSpaGuy

Dear SpaGuyJim,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and for choosing Le St-James! We were very happy to host your group, and we hope you will find another occasion to experience our spa when you are next in Montreal.

See you soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My family and I recently visited the Hotel Le St-James in Montreal. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. Our trip was to purely enjoy the city. The hotel embraced our quest and helped us in any way they could to enjoy Montreal. In the heart of the Old Town, this hotel is a perfect fit. The restaurant XO staff and food were great as well.
Rumor has it on the street that the top Celebrities stay here as well, even though we could not coax any information from the staff (very discreet). Bottom line, great Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family