“Just what we needed for an overnight stop”

Holiday Inn Montreal Airport
Ranked #80 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Due to flight delays we missed our connection and had to stay overnight near the airport. The airline gave us a number to call for a delayed trip discount and we got a very good rate.

The free shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of our call (it was posssibly already on the way as there was another customer wating). There are a number of Holiday Inns near the airport, so make sure you know which one you are going to.

Check in was smooth and fast.

We called reception to ask for some additional coffee and sugar and it was deliverd to our room within minutes.

The room was typical Holiday Inn - large, clean and well equipped. The bathroom had a new top of the counter sink which was at odds with the holes in the tile floor and the discoloured grout. This is the only time I have encountered such a problem at a Holiday Inn, and the manager seemed quite surprised when I mentioned it at checkout. It was not serious enough for us to bother changing rooms, but it took away from the overall quality of the accommodation.

The hotel features an indoor pool courtyard which could be quite noisy if your room overlooked the atrium. There were lots of children playing in the pool. The restaurant is also right there, and the whole area was noisy and smelled strongly of chlorine.

Our room was well removed from the pool and very quiet although it is a long walk from reception.

We booked the airport shuttle for 6:25am and it left right on time. We had asked for a wakeup call, which came on time, and we also got a followup call about 15 minutes before the shuttle left.

We were looking for a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel with efficient, complimetary airport service and that is exactly what we got.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan2305
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Susan2305

I wanted to thank you kindly for your honest comments and review. I am glad we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience.

Our Atrium/Holidome style sets us apart to other hotels in the Montreal Airport area and I am glad that we met your expectations.

Our proximity to the airport is a great value to those who wish to travel out early and our 24 hours shuttle can certainly accommodate everyone.

I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again. Have a great day.

Room Division Director

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Our family stayed here and parked our car in the "secure parking" on March 9th 2012. We got the "discounted rate". We were assured that the parking was safe and secure and that theft was not an issue. When we returned from our trip on March 18th at 01:00 we discovered that our vehicle (2009 Chevy Traverse with 2 children seats) was stolen. We had our kids ages 1 & 3 with us, which made matters even more diffucult, not only at the time but every day I have to answer my son when he asks why bad people took our car. The hotel has not been helpful, as we were told that security cameras would be reviewed and we would be contacted by management. The codes for the exits are well posted for anyone to exit the lot, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SECURE about this lot despite what is told and promised by staff. We also left with an unsettling feeling that this hotel, or front desk staff at the very least, has played a continuing part in these thefts.
The police told us that cars get stolen from this lot frequently which explains why it took them 4 hours to come and file a report for us and were not at all surprised. The hotel is responsible for this theft and I blame them for the frustration, upset and disruption it has caused to our family. Not only has the hotel had no compassion for the grief THEY have caused us but they still managed to charge us for the parking and our stay! I have yet to be reimbursed. We only had the 1 car for our family and had to use what the insurance would grant us as a rental so we could return home to Ottawa and now have to wait 2 weeks "in case it is found" before our claim will be dealt with. From what police have told us, there is a less than 1% the vehicle will be recovered. Holiday Inn ruined our vacation and has caused more suffering to us than they can ever imagine. Not only did we lose our car but I had left a journal of my kids lives in the car which is irreplaceable. I am currently working with legal representation on this matter and would request that anyone with a similar experience please email me at: erikakarpinski@hotmail.com

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank Erika K
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed there before flying to Mexico a few weeks ago. We got the overnight accommodation/parking "deal"....which was $175.00. Check in was relatively quick but check out was disorganized and took awhile. Room was ok....clean enough but bed was uncomfortable and we were put on the edge of the Courtyard so the light shining through the supposed blackout drapes was really bright and made it hard to sleep. We flew out very early in the am and they didn't give us the wake up call we'd asked for....luckily we'd set our phone alarms or I would have been even less happy! I'd originally booked this hotel because the pool looked really nice so we were hoping for a swim/hot tub to help us sleep before our trip....we go there and the pool was super tiny and in a pit in the middle of the Courtyard....so people eating dinner could see down into the pool area. Needless to say we didn't use it. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant....food was ok but pricey and service was SUPER slow! But, after we had FINALLY found the place and parked our car in the long term parking which was FAR from the door and hard to get out of, we didn't want to leave again. All in all, this hotel is OK...but there are many others which are closer to the airport and are much nicer and less expensive. For being an "Airport Hotel", it's actually nowhere near the airport. I definitely don't feel like I got great value for what I paid. I had paid the little extra because of the pool and how nice the hotel looked online.....definitely some creative photography there!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supergirlteacher
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear supergirlteacher ,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your last stay at our property. On behalf the Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you’ve encountered.

We have analyzed your feedback concerning our indoor pool and the service at the restaurant.

Rest assured that I’ve had an in-depth discussion with our Restaurant Director regarding your comments and we will modify our Action Plan accordingly.

In the hopes that you will give us another chance in the near future.

Have a great day!

Room Division director
Holiday Inn Montreal airport

Reviewed 26 March 2012

After making a reservation to stay here, I called back to be sure the parking was secure, as I was paying to leave my car there while on vacation. I was assured that the parking lot was secure with a gate, camaras and a fence. Upon arriving, we found the "secure" gate had the code to enter the parking lot on a sign at the gate. Since it was too late to return our vehicle two hours back home, we left it. We came back one week later to find it had been stolen. The front desk staff was of no help, nor were they surprised!! In fact the response given to my husband was "well sir, that type of vehicle is not safe to leave in Montreal" Not only were we not offered an apology, rooms for the night were going to be offered to us at a "discounted" rate and we were not reimbursed the fee we paid for parking. After one hour and forty five minutes when the police came, my husband explained to them where in the parking lot our car had been parked. The officer replied with "oh, near door seven?" He had done this many times before. Upon returning home, we have found a number of people to have had their cars stolen from the same place. In fact, our insurance adjusters last claim was from this hotel!! Although a vehicle is a material item that can be replaced, we left with an unsettling feeling that this hotel, or front desk staff at the very least, has played a continuing part in these thefts!!

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank HoneyBugger
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

HoneyBugger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and are hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We booked this with Priceline and for the same money got a vastly superior property in Calgary which is normally way more expensive than Montreal. Got there at 1230am and the duty manager had real difficulties even signing into the computer, he then ran out of paper so it took me half an hour to check in. Then I was given really bad directions to my room so lost another 20 minutes. He insisted I just have take the elevator and go through the glass door but there were four glass doors. My room number range was not included in the signage. All this could have been avoided with a simple map as the property has a complicated layout. Room was clean but worn and fridge was very noisy. In the morning the same manager at least had the good manners to apologize.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Anne-Laure B, Manager at Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your last stay at our property. On behalf the Holiday Inn Montreal Airport, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Rest assured that I’ve had an in-depth discussion with our night Manager regarding your comments and we will modify our Action Plan immediately.

Our primary goal is to offer an overall, pleasant guest experience to all our customer.

Have a great day