“Bagels”

Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Quartier International
Description: Breakfast, Paninis, Crepes, old Montreal bagels
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We heard so much about Montreal Bagels we just had to try it- we are from NY so not too much impressed us - we have it all - bagels are good but nothing unusual

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Good for breakfast, but nothing too extraordinary. Very decent service and rather average, yet tasty breakfast items. One thing I was not impressed was their crepes - too sweet and thick. Their omelettes and bagels sandwiches were very decent.

It has an authentic feel to it and they have a very nice outside patio.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We were staying at the W hotel and was recommended one morning to try this restaurant by the concierge. It was a short 5-minute walk from the hotel and it opens early so we decided to give it a try. Wasn't disappointed! The bagels were toasted perfectly and were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The crepes with fruit and chocolate sauce- delicious and beautifully presented. The chef really took the time to delight the senses- he even carved a little mouse out of lemon as a garnish! The place isn't the cleanest but it is kid-friendly.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We wanted to grab a quick sit down breakfast before exploring the city and wanted to try "Montreal-Style" Bagels in comparison the NJ/NY Bagels I am used to. I had the salmon and cream cheese on a bagel and my girlfriend had a grilled chicken sandwich also on a bagel. Both were delicious! She raved about the Maison Sauce on the sandwich and I thought the bagels were great! Very different than a NJ bagel but still tasty! The crepes and other breakfast items also looked great!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We were recommendated to go and have breakfast by our hotel. We were told nothing fancy but the food is good. Our experience was disappointing. Service was slow. Stay aware from the server who wears the blue gloves. She never changes her gloves. she touches dirty dishes, opens doors, cleans tables, open fridge's and serves your food with the same dirty gloves. It was disgusting she never changes them. I had to wipe all the greasy fingerprints off my plate. They did not offer refills of coffee. It was one of the worst experiences we ever had. And I was sick afterwards from the food. I will never go back.