“Customer centric”

Ranked #89 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Warren, Vermont
“Customer centric”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Ended up staying at the Hotel Espresso for one night as I had purchased a "package deal" and thought it would be a good get-away for me and my husband. Experienced a "snafu" with the booking process but was very pleased that the management made things right since the error was an honest one on our part. Staff was friendly and pleasant, the room clean and comfortable. Overall a very good experience and would stay there again should the occasion arise. Thank you, Joe D.! [ps: the complimentary espresso both checking in and again at check out is a very nice touch!]

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Vermont
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I would say that I agree with a vast majority of those who say that this is not a major beauty spot. With that said, it was perfect for what we wanted.....a place close to the Bell Centre at a reasonable price. The room had an odd feel to it with laminate floors and pretty ugly vinyl furniture a la diner booth seating but it was very clean and the bed was super comfy. You could park there easily (yes- at an extra charge but it's a city so oh well). Once there, there are a ton of dining options that are easily walkable and the area seems pretty safe. No- I would not go here for a romantic weekend but if you are going to a hockey game or concert, it is 7 minutes by foot to the Bell Centre.....I would easily stay there again under those circumstances.

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank k2adams
Stefano D, General Manager at Hotel Espresso Montreal Centre-Ville/Downtown, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
We are sorry that you did not appreciate our in-room seating. On some of our other floors, we have other types of in-room chairs that we can offer to you on your next visit. Thank-you for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Stefano De Vito
Toronto
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Hello, we had a Seminar for Couples the weekend of April 27-29 at the Espresso. We were impressed! The staff exgtremely helpful and the meeting rooms adequate. Wwe also had a lunch and a banquet there on Saturday night. The food is absolutely fantastic, it takes like home cooking. also very generous, nobody went home hungry! Congratulations for hiring Kephir(??) the cook from Marocco, he is an asset for your business.
Thanks again for a very successful event!
Rallumer la Flamme Seminar.

Room Tip: You cannot err in choosing this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of all our staff, I want to thank you for your comments and kind words.

Stefano De Vito
toronto
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I liked the hotel but it did have problems. Overall a solid 3

The location is great; it is right near the highway so getting in and out of the city was easy. Also, it is convenient to travel to Notre Dame Basilica, Old Montreal, St. Josephs Oratory, Mount Royal, St. Catherine Street, it is near the Bell Centre etc etc -bixi bike stand very near by.

The lobby was neat and tidy and we were offered hot expresso as soon as we checked in. We never saw the free gym - it is in the basement and I am not sure if a female would feel safe down there. The massage people never called me back - tried calling 3 or 4 times to book a massage for my husband and I - lost a customer there.

Our room was on the fourth floor. It was nice, remodeled, the water in the shower was hot and worked appropriately, the door had appropriate security on it, the room had a refrigerator, and a computer with free internet. Nice floors - clean room for the most part and the cleaning staff we saw were very nice. The bathroom supplies were only for one - they should heck to see who is checking in a stock the rooms accordingly.

The heating/cooling system is window based and we never touched it as the room was comfortable. However at 7:35 sunday morning the thing went crazy with a very loud scary banging noise and jarred us awake... it stopped after about 5 mins but it was so weird we couldnt fall back asleep.

The computer service, though nice, was a little slow, but very useful to find out what to do around town.

I was concerned about prior reviews about noise as I am a light sleeper. Sure enough, bachlor party on our floor! Overall it was not as bad as what I was worried about based on the prior reviews, but, it was not quiet.

In the end, I do not agree that the rooms were not nice, my hubby and i had a nice time - its just not a 4 star. I would probably stay there again for business but probably would stay somewhere else for a vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rainydayToronto
VT
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I would rate this hotel 2.5 stars. We asked for a nice room for my birthday, so we were given one at the end of the hall on the 4th floor which was quiet enough. I can see how other rooms would be really noisy. We also stayed midweek. The location is ideal in that it is really close to the Bell Center and downtown. The hotel itself is nothing special. The breakfast left lots to be desired so I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple