“Would stay again, but avoid room 1 in summer”

Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine
Ranked #55 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was my second stay at the Auberge, and I'd definitely want to stay again if I revisit Montreal. I love the location on Rue St. Denis, with metro stops both up and down hill, and loads of places to eat (my fave is Cafe Cherrier). The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the water hot and the breakfast adequate.

I travel solo, so I get the cheapest room. This time I was in Room 1. I thought noise might be a problem, as it is close to the breakfast room, but I had no problem with noise. However, I found the room dark, and suspect it will be too hot in the summer. The window and AC unit are in a little triangle set off to one side of the room (see my photos). I was there at the beginning of June, and even though it wasn't especially hot out I still needed to run the AC when I got back to clean up for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank thursdaysd

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We (couple with 12 yr old) go to Montreal every year for the Jazz Festival. This year we stayed at the Auberge le Jardin d'Antoine, and it was a pure delight in every way. We had a petite suite, and we loved it -- comfortably elegant design, roomy and clean, and our boy loved the Murphy Bed! It felt like a real home away from home for us, a wonderful place to return to from each outing.

My wife and I loved the location -- very trendy and loaded with restaurants and boutiques, plus it's a 15 minute walk to everything; our son, though, was a bit on edge by what he considers a fairly gritty urban location that had him pining for the 'burbs. But it is totally safe there, and he eventually got a little acclimated.

The staff was extremely friendly, helpful, and professional, and did all they could to help make our vacation the delight that it was. Great buffet breakfast every morning.

If you're wanting to get away from the processed hotel chain experience and are looking for a local place with character in a great location I highly recommend this auberge!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aleksi M
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I just returned from a lovely visit to Montreal to see the International Fireworks Festival on La Ronde and spent one night at this property. While it is larger than most bed and breakfasts that we have stayed in (and the breakfast room gets crowded if you are on the late side getting there).

We got a deluxe room which had a large jacuzzi and sitting area in the room which made the price about $200 a night, a bit of a splurge but worth it.

It is in a very central location to get various places either on foot or via the Metro.

Downsides are that parking is a few blocks away and there is no elevator to get to the top floors (lots of steps all around), but in general we had a great time and would return there on a future trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I've been to Montreal a few times and will never stay anywhere else again. The location was amazing! Very close to berri uqam metro station, loads of food and drink options all around hotel.

Loads of character, friendly staff and excellent value. Really great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MMansfield
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is the place to stay in Montreal. Friendly staff, Close to the subway and access to the track. Waking distance to great restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends