“Love the place”
Review of Hotel Y Montreal

Hotel Y Montreal
Ranked #68 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Great location, great service and great room at a good room rate!

We have this private room for 2 nights in late August. Love the place, its convenient to go everywhere in Montreal downtown. Especially if you are ok with bicycles, there are bixi station just behind the hotel.

The staffs are very friendly. Share bathrooms are clean and well maintained. No problem with waiting for the shared bathrooms as we are up early and back there very late. The room we stayed is not facing the street, therefore, its quiet and has a good view of the old montreal buildings.

Will go back again if I have a chance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I would like to comment on this idiot about bed bugs, he has to consider that maybe he is the one that brought them with him in his bags, clothings....people think before writing bad comments, and people think when reading them, because some people just want to stay for free. This guy had also been refunded, THINK, if the hotel didn't care, would he have been refunded, NO.
Hotels are not to be blamed for bugs, because CLIENTS are the one bring them with them, in your luggages, yours purses, your bags and clothing. You could have got them by going to a friends, or family member home, you could have got them going to a clinic etc....
Unfortunately Governement do not want exterminators to use the strong stuff, therefore they use only ECO product, which are not really effective. And i would not say that 1 room that has bugs is an infectation IT'S NOT.

Therefore people please think before reading these idiot comments.

Anyways it seems that the last one that had made the comment about this hotel, with bugs, was out drinking all night.....

Anyways, i enjoy going back to this hotel and so does my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Chantal D
Reviewed 25 July 2011

First, I want to say that I wish I spent more time writing good reviews of places with the hope that this review will be taken seriously. I will do this in the future!!!

I chose this place based on price but most importantly on the numerous quality reviews on this site and others. We arrived and was pleasantly greeted at check in and went to the room. The room was no thrills but looked clean (the hotel in general as well). We proceeded out for site seeing and dinner. We had a thoroughly good time!!!

We returned and first thing I do is pull my covers to expose the sheet. There was a large BED BUG (adult or close to adult stage) crawling around the pillow area even though we had just entered the room. I immediately asked my friend to take a picture while I went to the front desk. I explained the situation and the nice attendant said maintenance would arrive shortly. He did arrive promptly and said "yep sure is a BED BUG we will move you." I began to ask him about how they treat the rooms, how often this occurs, etc... and all he said its no big deal. The front desk offered another room but we decided to sleep in the car not confident that this hotel takes the issue seriously. Moreover, the maintenance person was combative and would not give me his name or write that he visually saw the bug. All I wanted was an apology, the employees to show concern, and to assure me that they would discuss all they honestly knew directly to the property manager. The maintenance person was zero for three (the front desk was very nice but spoke very little English so most conversation had to be with maintenance).

We immediately arrived at 7:20 am to talk to the property manager. We did get a refund after we had to prove to the property manager photos of the bug. Like maintenance she also did not show concern nor say sorry. We chose to sleep in a car four floors underground in a parking garage rather than trust the staff! What did we need to do to get an apology from her about the rudeness of maintenance and that there was a Bed Bug in our room?

I'm realistic bed bugs are everywhere from the high end to the low end. We thankfully prepared ourselves by limiting what we brought into the room and confining the items to plastic bags. But what is essential is that the hotel takes BED BUGS seriously, hires professional exterminators, and be sympathetic to the traveler's concerns. The way the maintenance and property manager acted leads me to believe that this happens quite often at this hotel or they truly believe that BED BUGS are no big deal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
12  Thank mysticrhythm
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Close to all the downtown Montréal action. This was our third time staying at Montréal Hotel Y and it will not be our last! Great staff & an affordable stay!

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ErinH_079
Reviewed 31 December 2010

I stayed here with my husband in December when we went to UFC 124 @ the Bell Centre. It is so close to everything! It is on a corner right across from the Bell centre, less than a 1 min walk! The largest underground shopping is just blocks away and streets are full of great little shops close by. Tones of great cafes, diners, pubs, and restaurants less than a 3min walk down the street.
The Service at the hotel was excellent; everyone was very helpful, polite and accommodating.
There is a café on the main floor of the hotel, we went for breakfast 2 days in a row it was so good.

The room could have been a bit bigger but we made it work with just enough space to walk around all sides of the bed. The room had a small TV and sometimes the wireless internet did not work (seemed to be during the busy times of the day/night).The bathroom was quite small; shower had just enough room for one small person.
The Taxi ride from the airport to this hotel is about $40 and takes about 20min but I read there is an express bus that can take you for about $7.
As for parking we took a taxi to this hotel from the airport, but it did not look like there was a good place for it. I would recomed calling the hotel for info on this before you go to be sure.
Overall I really liked this hotel and would stay here again if this was the area of Montreal I wanted to be in. Great hotel for an awsome price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple