“the cleaning staff are thiefs!!”
Review of Loft Hotel

Loft Hotel
Ranked #77 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I left my iPhone in my room one day when I decided to go out exploring in Montreal and it was not there when I returned to my room later in the day! I complained to both the woman at the front desk as well as the manager and they said incredibly condescedingly that I must of been mistaken and lost it while I was walking around. The receptionist especially was incredibly rude. This is certainly not true because I had left it charging. I am appalled with this "Hotel" and their service! and extremely so that the cleaning staff or staff in general would have the audacity to STEAL from their customers! I am telling everybody I know to NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank michelle s
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

We are very disturbed when guests are unnable to locate lost items. We can assure you that our staff is very reliable and regularly report forgotten items in guest rooms once guest have left.

We also encourage guest to not leave valuable or important items unattended in the room, this for both your and our staff's protection.

We are saddened that your stay with us was tarred by this incident.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is not a hotel. The staff here does not treat you like a guest. Careful to give your money to these people because they may be shut down at any point for not actually having a hotel license. They rent loft rooms on a nightly basis and should be listed on AirBnB not as a hotel. Also most of the rooms are across the hall from "Special Events Rooms" where they hold parties so I would steer clear unless you want people knocking on the door all night.

My experience was awful. When I checked into the "hotel" I asked if i could book an extra night. The guy manning the computer took my money. At night there was an event across the hall for must have been more then 200 people (imagine the foot traffic in front of your door, unbearable) I complained but they said they didnt have anywhere to move me. I asked if there was another event the next night, sure enough yes. I told them they needed to move me for the next night and the front desk staff told me no problem there was something available. The next morning I get a knock on my door from someone claiming to be a manager, she tells me in very broken english that someone had smelled smoke from my room and that they were going to keep my deposit. She also informed me that they didnt have any more rooms (even though I had paid already...) She then tried to keep my security deposit. After a horrible night of sleep I lost it, I demanded she bring the police to resolve the matter. When she left the room I tried calling the local hotel association and they said they were not listed as an actual hotel so they could not help me.

I was so disgusted by the situation I went to the front desk, demanded a refund for the 2nd night and my security deposit, threatening my lawyer to get involved and the better business bureau. The manager finally obliged and I was happy to get out of there but had to find another room for that night.

Bottom line, this is not a hotel, the staff does not know how to run it as a hotel and it is not even registered as a hotel so dont stay here.

Room Tip: Stay Away!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Zeeeeq
hassan c, Manager at Loft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

We are very disturbed to hear that your stay did not go well. The Hotel does have meeting and events space and unfortunately the event being hosted the evening of your stay was much louder than what is acceptable.
We are a fully liscenced hotel but because we only have 35 rooms, we cannot be a member of the Hotel Association. That is why they weren't able to help you.
Also, we have a strict non smoking policy which is why you were disturbed in your room. We were simply responding to a customer complaint and appologise if this incident contributed to your less than favorable stay.
The Loft Hotel has been in operation for almost two years now and has a loyal and happy clientèle. Although smaller than a chain type hotel, our professional and experienced staff are always saddened when guests leave unhappy. The Loft Hotel is a limited service hotel where emphasis is put on service rather than size.
We however want to thank you for your comments as they help us improve our customer service.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel, very English friendly, good staff, most importantly the suite was stunning. had a whole kitchen that made me want to stay forever and super attractive and fun decor totally different than any "chain" hotel we usually stay in. Price was absolutely reasonable and location was nice and central. Great find!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annamaria j
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We paid $127 including all taxes for 1 night (Jan 1), with complimentary breakfast. Based on the price, I got exactly what I expected (and a bit more). The room was incredibly spacious and well appointed. Large flat screen tv, bed with duvet, several windows that opened (for fresh air), leather sofa, and stainless steel appliances in good working condition.The bathroom was ok. The closest elevator to our room was the old-school caged elevator. It was a little tricky to use at first since you had to line the elevator up direclty with the floor level or else the door wouldn't open. Front desk staff was great too. I agree with some of the other reviewers that the hotel finishings were not quite impeccable, but for my 1 night stay, I didn't really care. My friend's room looked much more fresh and finished than my room did.

Overall, I'd probably stay here again and refer it to others.

Note to the hotel: perhaps keep an iron and ironing board in the room so that your clients don't have to go pick one up from the front desk, and also maybe supply those 'do not disturb signs' to advise housekeeping to not come in the room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lyonnequeen
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The Loft Hotel was the worst hotel we have ever been too and we travel a lot!
Its all show and no action. Yes the rooms are very spacious and modern, but please don't let this fool ya! We spent the wknd. in Montreal, overall, Montreal is an awesome city and we had a good time, but the hotel was a downer, i would give it a -1 rating if i could. We checked in Friday eve. at 7pm. we noticed that the room had no cable? in this day and age, no cable? we let it slip, then we noticed the toilet didn't work, so we called and asked to get it fixed, they said that is not possible until Monday and the customer service was beyond poor. They don't have any maintenance workers on site - not good for a hotel!! they put us in another room, again, all show, as it was very nice. After 1 shower, we noticed the water wasn't going anywhere, yup, the shower drain wasn't working, they put us in room #3, pls. note we stayed there for only 2 nights!!!! poor ratio if you ask me. The 3rd room was again nice (ALL SHOW), we noticed the room was very cold, we tried to increase the heat, but there was no HEAT, we called to complain about this, the hotel staff said the heat comes on at 6pm to 6am?!!, pls. note, its November in Montreal! What an INSANE rule to have!! We packed our things and left, after a threat or 2 we got some of our $ back and we went to another hotel nearby and enjoyed the rest of our stay, in a place that provided great customer service, with a simple room that had the essentials working with no problems.

Room Tip: Just don't look at how the room looks, make sure everything is working in that room!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends