“outstanding place for sushi!”
Review of Kasumi Restaurant

Kasumi Restaurant
Ranked #1,205 of 6,248 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We live in California and have our favorite sushi places, but this one topped them all!
Each item was beautifully produced, elaborate, incredibly tasty. We were impressed. The manager was warm and welcoming, saw us looking at the menu and encouraged us to come it and try it. Later we noticed him out on the street, handing out samples. I'm not as huge a sushi fan as my wife, and I thought it was terrific. Each item carefully prepared. But be patient- it takes a while, one item at a time. Then again, it allowed us to savor each dish and not feel rushed.

1  Thank wallymoon

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

A brand new spin on sushi. Inventive but stable flavour pairings with a fresh delicious aftertaste. I highly highly recommend the Tasting for two. It's $90 for a couple but worth every dollar and you are perfectly full after all that food. Plus top it off with Caramelized Banana with ice cream for $6 and your floating all the way home in a delightful food coma.

1  Thank Tessa H
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Went for 1st. time with my BFF for her birthday and we were very impressed!
We ordered everything the server suggested and it was all very good.
We even had seconds on a couple of dishes.
Glad we could bring our own wine, that is nice too.

What could've been better?
Not sure, I did drop by a few days before to ensure our table was reserved and if we could have a slice of 'surprise' birthday cake or desert... I guess it was forgotten.
The quality of the sushi and flavors made up for the desert.. we were heading out to the Jazz Festival too... will be back for sure.
Thank you Jose and Peter!

3  Thank A-Spa-Traveler
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The food was really great and I believe the price is fair for the quality of what was served. We loved it.

1  Thank Gab A
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Delicious! Friendly and excellent service. Very nice surprise. Ask for specials from the chef. Definitely a place to return.

1  Thank Feike D