“Perfect for a quick getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Le Chasseur B&B
Ranked #40 of 142 Montreal B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Perfect for a quick getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Conveniently located, super friendly staff, delicious breakfast, comfortable room. Couldn't really ask for more at this great price!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St-julien, quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

I spend almost 1 week at this place and it was very pleasant.
All the staff was nice with me and the price of the rooms are very good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

I got a call from the owner (Rock) of this B&B recently, checking on me whether I had problems on my last stay at his B&B in June 2009. More specifically, whether I had bed bug problems because I happened to be given the same room right after the last guest (a "craighardie" who posted a very negative review here on TA in April 2010) left. I thought this was a very nice gesture of concern! I therefore would like to write this review in defense of Le Chasseur, more importantly, that the bed bug allegation was not true for me!

I have been staying at this B&B for several years now every time I visit Montreal, which I'd say close to 10 times since my first time! I love the location and affordability, the friendly kitchen staff and owner (Rock) and the general cleanliness of the place and the room. They make up your room every morning, give you clean towels, and there is always breakfast waiting for you, which you can enjoy at the main balcony in the summer. The place is a couple of blocks from St. Catherine where the night life is! And it was also a good base for Montreal sightseeing- some places I walked to and some were an inexpensive cab ride away. There is also a nearby subway station for the ones who would prefer public transportation. We are planning another long weekend getaway again this summer and, of course, would certainly go back to Le Chasseur!

I hope this helps with clarifying the bedbug issue. Understandably one negative review could potentially hurt business with Le Chasseur! But if we take a closer look at craighardie's review, isn't it a bit strange that he contributed this review in April 2010 when he completed his stay in June 2009? Just a thought.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I wasn't sure where to leave this review, since we booked a room in Le Simone but upon arrival found that we were in Le Chasseur. Still, it mattered little. We enjoyed our stay - the room was clean, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast excellent. There was a variety of cereals, yogurt, fruit, croissant etc., in addition to an egg dish every morning. We were there for the F1 weekend and enjoyed hanging out on the terrace with the other guests at breakfast and also in the evenings. It was like a little oasis in the heart of a very busy city and we enjoyed having free access to this terrace at all times. Roc provided an extra something for us all on race day which was totally unexpected and very much appreciated. (I won't spoil the surprise for others.) The only issue is with parking - and of course this is no fault of the B&B. The host, Roc, is very helpful and gave us excellent advice about finding a spot, taking time to make sure we had somewhere to park.

This charming B&B is excellent and your stay will only be enhanced by the personality of the host and his staff. I've already recommended it to friends and would certainly stay there again myself. Well done Roc - and thank you!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
austin texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

there is a bed and breakfast next door run by the same people and they are connected. We booked because of the online photos of the other bandb but when we got there it was chausseur.a little bait and switch. I had to get up twice in the night to empty the air conditioner water caught in a bucket.The air conditioner shut off when the bucket was full and then it got really hot in the room..I was bitten all night by some bugs i later found out were bed bugs. the breakfast cook was fun and the company at breakfast was good.this place is also close to a metro stop...still i wouldnt go back if it was free.....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple