“Best vegan sushi and restaurant”

Sushi Momo Vegetalien
Ranked #494 of 6,101 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Offering a refreshing, contemporary, and all-vegan Japanese cuisine, Sushi Momo is a sophisticated twist from traditional Japanese sushi.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

If you love sushis : go! If you are vegan: go! Unique, tasty, great service, price very reasonable for quality... Just go!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

If you are vegetarian or vegan and you're tired of cucumber or avocado sushi, just go to Sushi Momo. The food is creative and delicious, and they have tons of options. Even omnivores won't be disappointed ;-)

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are recent vegans and have always loved sushi, so we were hesitant to believe that vegan sushi would be anything special. We brought a meat eating friend along and we were all blown away. At the suggestion of our waiter, we had the full course for three that included soup (delicious), two appetizers (spring rolls and deep fried gyoza), a plate of 36 pieces of chef's choice of sushi, and dessert (ice cream). I was shocked by the flavor packed into the miso soup. The appetizers were good, not great. But the sushi...vegans have to get creative with dishes that primarily feature the animal to be the star (my favorite has always been sashimi with a touch of soy), and this place did not disappoint. I can't recall which rolls had what in or on them, but every roll was fantastic. They had depth, flavor, and a variety of textures to keep it interesting. Dessert was a tiny scoop of vegan ice cream, so I didn't expect much, but they topped it with toasted sesame seeds and a toasted walnut, and the contrast of flavors between those three things hit me hard. I have very rarely been genuinely surprised by how good something tastes, and this place stands out as one of the few. If we lived in Montreal, we would return at least twice a month. Completely worth it.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is great sushi. Period. Even if it was not vegan it would still be good. A lot of different choices and great flavors. The servers are great too. . . we had a really good waitress (forgot her name but she is from Venezuela). We will eat there again.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I usually don't like sushi but at this place it is the best sushi I ever had even if it is vegan. We are not vegan at all but every piece is more then tasteful, it is succulent and spicy the way I like it. I really recommend this place but I suggest that you reserved before because it is not big and very popular.