The location was good for us as we were looking for a quiet neighborhood walking distance from the bus station (10 minutes) and the old town (20 minutes).
We stayed on the top floor in the back in a room called deMaisonneuve.
We got no neighborhood noise. There was some internal noise from the bathroom next to our room. But it had to be quieter than being on the street side.
The bed was comfortable. There's not a lot of room to put your stuff. Our AC was not noisy, but provided a gental low level white noise that i like to sleep with.
We opted for the additional purchase of some macaroons which were in a variety of interesting flavors. You can't go wrong there.
Breakfast was freshly made and plentiful. You won't go hungry. We enjoyed the fresh cooked specials each morning.
We stay at a lot of small B&Bs and the hosts are usually warm accepting people that make you feel special. Don't expect that here. The best approach is to sit back, enjoy the show and don't take any of it personal. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again (if we haven't now been banned for writing anything less than a glowing review).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gingerbread Manor welcomes you to Montreal. Located in a manor house built in 1885. This delightful B&B invites you to enjoy a comfortable bed, a wonderful breakfast and Victorian splendour. Located in downtown Montreal near Square St-Louis. Close to most downtown and old Montreal points of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Gingerbread Manor Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gingerbread Manor Bed And Breakfast
- Gingerbread Manor Hotel Montreal