“Fun room with mechanical aspects”
Review of S.Cape

S.Cape
Ranked #19 of 39 Fun & Games in Laval
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: S.Cape provides a real-life interactive experience. You and your group will be locked in an adventure room for a 60-minute quest. In an attempt to making your way through a room full of interactive puzzles and riddles, you must work together as a team in order to escape successfully. ​ Real-life room escape games are a type of mental adventure game in which people are locked in a room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit. The games are based on “escape the room” video games in which the player is locked inside a room and must explore their surroundings in order to escape. Players must be observant and use their critical thinking skills to escape the room.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

My son and I are escape game enthusiasts and have done a lot of escaping in the US, Canada and Europe. S.Cape is really well located near restaurants and the movie theatre, which is very convenient. The staff was very pleasant too. The room we did (Zanzibar jewel) was fairly easy but we enjoyed the fact that it was quite varied in its type of riddles and involved a nice mix of thinking and doing. We'll go back and try their other (more difficult room) next time.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Ive been to a few escape rooms in Montreal and Laval and this one was by far my least favorite. The room walls are made of cardboard and are very flimsy. They keep telling you not to touch the walls or push on them but when you do an escape room, youre going at a fast rate, moving this around, trying to take things off the wall.....It was too delicate. The other thing I didnt like was how involved the employers were in our game. They communicate via a computer screen and the guy kept typing things like "no, no, dont touch that", and giving us clues that we didnt ask for. It just threw us off track, some of the clues werent even necessary or usefule. I dont want to give any details on the games so I cant really give examples.

Besides that, the escape room concept is still there, you can see they took the time to make the room but I just found it was just cheap looking and didnt have that many props. Many things were locked down or we were told not to move or pick up. The owner was super nice though when I made reservations, the location is very convenient for a night out. Its right in the middle of many, many restaurants, bars, entertainment. Perfect for a complete night out.

1  Thank Traveller_mom2
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I should start by saying that I am comparing this escape room to 2 others that I have gone to in Montreal.

S.Cape is in the center of Centropolis, an area FULL of restaurants (probably over 20) and free parking, making it a prime location. The entrance was a little hard to find so I would plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early to park and get in.

The room itself is well lit (compared to others that I have been too which are dark) making this a great escape room for people who may not see well in the dark.
I wont give any spoilers but the room was nicely done and had enough locks to use up the entire hour.

You get 2 clues which are given to you via a computer screen inside the escape room. A live person watches the whole game through a camera and basically "chats" with you - I found this a touch annoying but only because it was distracting from our mission (messages such as "dont touch this, leave that alone, thats not a clue....). In other rooms that I have been to, nothing was physically attached to anything, meaning you can dismantle the whole room and no one was commenting on what we needed to do- Here, almost everything was attached.

In the end, it was a super fun experience, the owner was VERY friendly and mentioned that they are working on expanding. There is currently only one escape room at this location so once you finish this game, you will have to wait till they open the others.

I would definitely recommend this place if you are making a nice evening out of it with dinner or drinks before or after. The location is great and free parking is also a bonus compared to downtown escape rooms.

Hint: While youre in the waiting area, notice the puzzle box by the window.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

This is a great activity for a family with teens or just a bunch of friends. We did it with our 18 and 17 year olds and laughed and worked the clues, but have to go back as we could not finish. That's ok. It would stink of it was too easy.
The folks there make it really great. We laughed as we were signaled clues and knew we were being watched.
If you are planning your trip to Montreal book your spot early. You won't regret it. We talked and laughed about it all through dinner as there are a bunch of restaurants right in he same area.