“ohhh...the memories!!”

Ranked #4 of 44 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Winnipeg, Canada
“ohhh...the memories!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

July of 2011 was my first time setting foot in PEI. Oddly enough, we arrived the same day as the Royal tour, so the airport grounds were packed with people. At first I was amazed how Charlottetown knew I was coming.... then I saw the handmade signs that said "Welcome Kate, we love you" ... Even though William isnt my type, I am still convinced all those people were there for me and my arrival!!...plus, my hat was better than hers that day!! lol

We stayed at the Colonial for our 10 days in the 2 bedroom condo and loved every day of our stay. We did the normal touristy things along with meeting so many nice people inside the BnB and out on our excursions. We ate in fantastic places, took in the night life and beaches along with attending The Full Monty...which was amazing!!

I was going to post on here the day after we arrived home in Winnipeg, but I felt the need to allow the high of our trip to wear off and wait to see how I felt with some time passing. To be honest, I left it too long and I forgot to put a post on here. Last night, I was sitting in my living room going through hundreds of pictures I took while there, and when I came to the section of the Colonial that same feeling came back to me as if I just came home.

If you ever have the chance to visit PEI and you do not stay at the Colonial Charm BnB, you have not fully experienced what Charlottetown has to offer. Reg, Garry and Shelley are by far the most entertaining and gracious hosts/tesses you will ever meet, and you cannot help but feel you are leaving a part of your family behind when you check out.

They come in contact with so many people, yet all of the staff have a way about them that make you feel that they have known you for years. This treatment of friendship and hospitality is something that bigger chains should really take a lesson from and learn from those who know how to treat guests properly.

We do plan on revisiting PEI again and without a doubt or second guess, Colonial Charm would be the only place we stay....regardless if people are at the airport for my arrival or not!! hehe...

Shelley, Garry and Reg, and the rest of your staff.... Thank you from myself and Dave and all the others who have stayed with you over the years in making your BnB a home away from home, a place where friends are made and memories that are never forgotten.

Matt and Dave

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their own distinct quality and features....To say stay in one and not the othe...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
ColonialCharm, Manager at Colonial Charm Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your thoughts and comments. I have to say that we absolutely missed you the moment that you left and are waiting for your next visit. Everytime we think of your visit it brings a smile to my face. We enjoyed every minute and do hope that someday you will both make PEI a permanent residence. We know we will stay in contact either way.
thanks again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The attitudes are so friendly and easy in this fun, atmospheric, and historical property. Shelley is full of helpful information and great directions. She is really unusually good at what she does, and such a wonderful resource for directions and recommendations for everything that PEI has to offer. We have stayed many times at the Colonial Charm Inn, but last September we really put Shelley, Gary, Reggie, and the rest of this really special staff to the test. We brought our adult children and their families and some good friends with us for the Shellfish festival. Three of the grand-children were three and under. We were made to feel very much at home. It was my husband's birthday, and Reggie baked us a fabulous cake. We celebrated with balloons and streamers. It was lovely to have the use of the common space for our celebrations, and also, once the small children were asleep, we were still able to be together. The other guests didn't seem to mind that we sort of took over. Shelley and co made it all work. It was a very memorable stay.

Room Tip: Children are made to feel very well accepted. The upstairs suite and the apartment are perfect for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
We will never be able to thank you enough for your never ending kindness. We feel so lucky that you found us that first time and we always look forward to your next visit and meeting more family members and friends. Your family is a gem and we know we will see you all again soon.
Merseburg, Deutschland
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed for 4 Days in the Colonial Charm Inn and loved it very much.
We got help in any way, to find something in the town or for dinner in the evening or for roundtrips trough the Island.
The breakfast was excellent, the is a opportunitiy to drink Coffee or Tea at all time and they are offering selfcooked bakery, very delicious.

We would like to come back to P.E.I. someday and then we will stay in the Colonial Charm Inn again.

Kay and Ralf from Germany

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We think of you both so often and definitely hope to see your part of the world someday. You taught us so much and your kindness will always be remembered and I know we will stay in contact.
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2011

we chose this inn due to its locallity 10 minuets walk to my wife,s brother. we can,t praise shelly & garry enough nothing was too much trouble, breakfast was a suprise every day with biscuit,s and cake,s to help your self any time of day. another suprise for my wife ann this used to be the local store where her father came for candy when he was a lad ,our room the fosters suite was the ice cream parlour.we had our laundry done and use of a phone for local calls!!. shelly gary hannah&connor such a lovely family hannah being a budding young author with two book,s published already!.we may visit in the future to this lovely isle ,shelly & garry will be our first choice for a place to stay thak you for your hospitallity colin & ann uk

Room Tip: we stayed 14 night,s ensuite a must also fridge microwave tea coffee and use of a kitchen.we had gro...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We feel so lucky to have had you stay with us. We enjoyed every minute of getting to know you both and hear all your amazing stories. We know you are a long way from here but we hope that you will make it here again and that you know you are always welcome with us. It was a complete delight and we thank again so much.
Lower Sackville, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This oct we had the pleasure of staying at the Colonial Charm Inn in Charlottetown PEI , our trip was made more pleasureable thanks to Shelley and Gary the owners of the INN.The rooms were so delightful , and the morning breakfast was a culinary delight.Also there knowledge of the city was a great help. We would certainly stay there again , it just felt like home . Thanks to the Staff
Harvey and Carol Ann Lane

Room Tip: Really liked the suite we were in great for a family.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We absolutely could never say enough about how much we enjoyed having you both with us. If we could have you move in we would do it in a flash. You are an amazing couple of we will always think of you like family.