“Disappointed with hotel staff”

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Flemington, New Jersey
“Disappointed with hotel staff”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Hotel room was clean and updated but when we booked the room online, I was given a price which was confirmed but they would not honor that price. I called the hotel twice to get this problem corrected to no avail. I then called my credit card company and are filing a dispute. Two weeks later I get another charge from them on top of the previous charge for a two nights stay. Now the credit card company is filing another dispute along with us filing a formal complaint to corporate headquarters. Take our advise. Stay away from this hotel

Room Tip: Nice room but not well designed.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie D
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
I am sorry your experience with us was not satisfactory. I do apoligize for the delay in getting your funds credited back to your account. Sometimes from my end it takes abit to get the
information back again from accounting to get the credit processed. I do try to get to the bottom of all complaints as customer service is very important to us.
Again I am sorry with everthing concerning your reservation and wish you better luck with future travels.

Nancy Leslie
Sales Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I had phoned from England to ensure that we had one of the renovated rooms with a full kitchenette including an oven. Upon arrival we found reception to be very friendly but the room we were given had no oven. This was cheerfully sorted out and our bags were moved to a full suite the next day for the duration of our stay. The location on the Trans Canada Highway is close to all amenities. Charlottetown is small so the central area is only a five-ten minute car journey. The room was clean,the staff friendly and the breakfast area fine although we generally brought breakfast to the room and used the cooking facility to top things up. I would say that the chairs were not great for sitting at the table. There was a small patio in the back so it was possible to have a smoke. There aren't any smoking rooms as such. On the whole it was a good base from which to explore the island although possibly not the most scenic location, but very convenient...depends what you want. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cojacq
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apoligize for the mix-up on your first night with us.
We do get alot comments on our location as easy access to wherever you are going. Downtown is just minutes away but we also have the convience of shopping centres just around the corner. I hope on your next visit to PEI, you will look us up.

Nancy Leslie
Sales Manager
the pas manitoba
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I travelled with friends across the East Coast. We ended our trip with a 3 day stay in Charlottetown. As we were planning our days as we went, we did not have reservation anywhere during our 3 week stay. Our friends have family in the Charlottetown area so were not needing a room. We had attempted to book at 4 hotels before coming up the Canadas Best Value Inn & suites. From initial observation from the outside, we thought perhaps this was not the place for us. However we were tired, hungry and it was getting later in the evening so decided if their was vacancy, we would take it and move the following day.
THis turned out to be unnecessary. We were given a jacuzzi suite, king size bed, huge flat screen TV, fridge, microwave etc. The room was very spacious, clean and extremely comfortable beds. This hotel was much cheaper than plenty that we had previously stayed which offered much less. We were pleasantly surprised. We also found service friendly. No there were not elevators, but it is only a 2 story building, so not difficult by any means. And my husband does have a mobility issue, and still said this would not stop him from staying there. Our friends came to visit in our room, and agreed that this was the nicest room during our recent travel. They will now recommend it to thier family as are always looking for accomodations for large family events. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the king size jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sandymb
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. Our Jacuzzi Suites are very spacious and guests are pleasantly surprised at what they see when they enter the rooms. We try to ensure our guests enjoy their stay from the time they enter our hotel till the time they leave. A good nights sleep and good meal at affordable prices can mean the world of difference to travelling people. Thanks again for adding your comments and def. look us up on your next visit.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 September 2011

When planning our Maritimes road trip, I had booked another Charlottetown hotel for 2 nights, but after reading the reviews of CBVI&Ss, I changed our reservations - and am glad we did! True - you are a bit out of the historic center of town, but if you have a vehicle it should not be an issue.

The newly-remodeled room was clean and nicely furnished - with a large wall-mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom had new marble tile.
The heated pool was clean & inviting. Wifi signal was very strong - even at the pool where we sat in the September sun. The continental breakfast selections wern't vast, but it was certainly adequite with ample seating. We were initially a little concerned as we were next to the housekeeping supply room, and feared it might be noisy early in the morning - but were were up & out for the day before that happened.

Overall, we could not have asked for anything better for a moderately priced motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our drive-up queen rooms have received alot of compliments this past season for their space, looks and most impt. good nights sleep.
Look us up on your next visit and thank-you for taking the time to advise others on your experience with us.
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I were a late check in from Nova Scotia. We did not have a reservation as we were there for an unexpected funeral. Nellie from the front desk was wonderful. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite at a great price. I am in the hospitality industry myself and will be recomending this wonderful place to many people who head this way.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Digby-Family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. I wish it was under better circumstances. I am pleased, but not surprised to hear Nelly was very helpful and pleasant upon check-in. She does go out of her way to ensure guests get top service.
I hope the next time you visit PEI you will look us up and stay with us again.