“A view of the track and a meal to remember”

Top of the Park Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Interested in one-of-a-kind dining? Enjoy a dining experience that can only be found at the TOP OF THE PARK Restaurant, overlooking the Charlottetown Driving Park. Our three-tiered dining room offers a spectacular view from any table. Dining Experience Manager Sean Furlong and his culinary team always bring a positive, upbeat attitude, and an eagerness to promote local and fresh cuisine! The Red Shores culinary team has been presented with such awards as best Dessert & Local dish at Food & Wine Savor, Taste our Island Award, & best PEI Ribs, to name a few.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Every chance i get I visit this spot and you will too once you try it. The view is great, the food is wonderful and lots of it to choose from, staff are really friendly and helpful, what more could you ask for. My last trip in was for my birthday and it was the season opener for the track and the races were just wonderful. It is so nice to sit and relax and eat a meal and watch the horse races at the same time. It doesn't hurt either if you can place a little wager or two while there. I did and the results were great, money in my pocket. They were serving the hip of beef and it was delicious as usual, as well they had many other foods to choose from in the buffet,everything from pork to chicken. lots of veg's and soups and chowders too. Fresh made rolls and biscuits along with tables full of sweets ,something for everyone , Yum ! The dinning room is quite comfortable, nice and roomy tables with very comfortable chairs, this is an all you can eat buffet and believe me, there is more than you could ever imagine possible to eat there and it is all really good. Treat yourself and your family to an outing here. There is also a Casino downstairs if one is interested in spending some time here after your dinner settles, you can have some fun here and there is a bar too if you would like to have a drink. This is a spot where you can go in early, eat, take in the races and finish downstairs with a game or two at the Casino. A fun filled night for sure.

Emily A, Reservations at Top of the Park Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Judith M,

Thank you for this positive response; the Team here at Red Shores are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable evening at the Top of the Park Restaurant. The last Rib night service (with live racing) takes place on Thursday October 27th 2017 here in Charlottetown–and we hope that you and your friends join us here at the Top of the Park sometime soon.

Top of the Park

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent, our waiter BJ from York was very attentive. Food was delicious and they were very careful with my allergies offering food from the kitchen to avoid cross contamination. Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

The brunch at this restaurant used to be something I looked forward to but today it was not. The food was very bland and basic and the desserts were very common. I have been here many times before and have not been disappointed so I hope that this was a one time thing. I will come here again but if the food does not improve then I will take it off of my favorites list.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Our staff had our annual Christmas lunch today at Top of the Park. I can safely speak for everyone that their traditional Christmas meal is superb and top notch. The chefs and waiters provide an awesome celebratory experience; not only is the food great but the festive music and atmosphere always exceed our expectations. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We took our staff out today to celebrate Christmas with a buffet lunch at the Top of the Park restaurant.
What a meal! From the turkey and all the trimmings to the tasty and rich desserts, so much food and so little time!
The staff were great, never leaving you with an empty plate or empty glass in front of you.
For a celebration or just a lunch or evening dinner I think it is the place to go, and a great price as well!