“Big thanks to management for !!!”
Review of Rodd Charlottetown

Rodd Charlottetown
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Winnipeg, Canada
“Big thanks to management for !!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

People can read my review of Oct 2011. Still a great historic building in a historic region. Although you are right next door to the firehall, I never heard them once. Lights in bathrooms are different and light up bright right away. They also have new remotes, the sanitizable ones and cleaning staff actually did clean it daily. Bed still mushy but they give you lots of blankets and pillows.
On last day I was here, PEI got hammered with a snowstorm that actually shut down the city and my speaking engagements. With an early evening flight and nothing else to do and checkout at 11 am, I called the front desk and spoke with the manager who was nothing short of awesome. She told me "we'd never throw you out in the cold my dear" and laughed and told me to checkout whenever I want. In all of my traveling, this is only the second time that a hotel has not tried to gouge me for late checkout due to unforeseen circumstances. Cleaning staff knew I was stuck and recommended places to eat and get coffee plus the fastest route as I wasn't dressed for the weather.
Thanks so much Rodd Charlottetown. (Oh nice to know - EVERYONE in town merely refers to this as The Charlottetown Hotel as that is the historical name)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank NishTraveller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Toronto Ontario Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This is an old hotel, but nicely maintained. Rooms are small, as most stately old hotel rooms are, but really comfortable. Didn't have dinner so can't comment on most food, but breakfast was very good. Nice little bar area. Highly recommend for relaxing on a business trip. Would also stay on my next vacation in the area.

Room Tip: Can't recommend as I only saw mine. Overlooked a parking lot and part of downtown area, but I w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
PEI, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

I took my four children with me to his hotel as it was the beginning of March Break and I had a meeting at the hotel. I inquired prior to checking in, if they could provide babysitter for the time I would be in the meeting. They told me they don't usually but would call me back, which they did within 10 minutes. One of the staff members were available if I needed them.

We checked in at 6:30 without any delay. The rooms were clean with a turn of the century look to them (made me think that this would be where the affluent would stay in he 1920s) and I liked it. It was the first room we stayed in that you used a key, instead of a card to enter the room.

The room had two double beds, a flat screen tv, a couple of wingback chairs, a secretary desk, a fridge ( which we usually have to pay $10 extra per night at other hotels), and free parking for $98 per night.

We didn't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms during the stay. The staff was friendly throughout our stay.

We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that. We used the pool often and it was always empty when we went down. There was a hot tub and sauna that we used as well. The view from the rooftop terrace was wonderful.

The bathroom was small, but none of us usually spend much time in there so that didn't matter. The water pressure was strong in the shower and the water temperature was constant.

All in all, I wouldn't hessiate to stay here again. I felt we received good value for our money especially considering we were in downtown Charlottetown and could walk everywhere.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank TignishTraveller
Kentucky
Reviewed 21 March 2012

It's a beautiful building. The staff is wonderful. The beds are nice. The bathrooms are tiny. And it's dark. And the lights randomly flicker and the TV turns itself off. It was a good place to stay, but my next visit to PEI, I will probably go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabeinWoods
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Rooms are nice and spacious for an older hotel. They screwed up my reservation by forgetting to book my golf at the nearby course but took care of me very pleasantly by upgrading my room to a suite and giving my wife and I green fees to one of the best courses on the island instead of the cheaper one we had booked. What great customer service!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple