The Great George
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
US$ 143
US$ 138
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 63
US$ 270
US$ 232
  • Pool
US$ 150
US$ 144
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$ 238
US$ 211
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$ 202
US$ 101
US$ 76
The Sonata Inn(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
US$ 114
The Hotel on Pownal(Charlottetown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscookiesmain buildinglow tablesmini quichestraditional roomfree happy hourbeer and wineunique hotellobby areacontinental breakfastwasher and dryereach eveningliving roomwithin walking distancefull kitchenstreet noiseking bed
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Great George Hotel in May while on business. The hotel, a collaboration of historic buildings under 1 management team, is a must do for the discriminating traveller. The Victorian charm of the property was complimented by the comfy four poster beds, the excellent food, and most of all, the willingness of Rachel and her staff to go the extra mile when required. I never get a good nights sleep while on business in the "cookie cutter" express hotels, but my week at the George was bliss.
I am already planning a return to the George with my wife, for the ambience.

Kim C.

Room Tip: Ask Rachel for the Perkins suite, where Reba slept.
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The ambiance of The Great George was remarkable. Then, we encountered the terrific staff, led by Rachel. The phrase, "Your wish is our command" came to mind several times.
Our large group held a business reception at the Wellington Boardroom. It dawned on me a day later that we were walking on historic and hallowed ground. I want to say thank you to Vanessa for her cheerful assistance with the beverages. It was amazing to see the hotel staff working to make our event just that......an event. Excellent work you guys!! Thanks for the drawn butter too.

We did have the pleasure to meet the owner, Kevin Murphy at the hotel, ate several meals at his associated restaurants and just had a fabulous time. On leaving, he and family were at the Charlotte town airport too. I haven't given recommendations before but am happy to give this one. The Great George, Gahans, Sims, Charlottetown & PEI, we shall return!!

Room Tip: Great cookies and all smiles.
3  Thank John C
GG58GGS, Director of Sales at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at The Great George. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and that you found our team to be friendly. It was great to hear that you were able to meet the owner Kevin plus take advantage of all the great dining establishments within footsteps of the hotel. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Rooms are large, up-to-date and fully equipped (love the antiques, including the top-notch mattresses on four poster beds). Service was accommodating, timely, positive, friendly and thorough. Great for business trips or romantic getaways.

Room Tip: Not a bad room out of seven in our group.
1  Thank Rik P

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Glad you enjoyed The Great George. Hope your back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have traveled the world and NO WHERE have I experienced the type of service we encountered at The Great George. Our company booked 8 rooms for a trade show and everyone was blown away with the across the board level of service from top to bottom. All the rooms were different and the beds were amazing. Quaint, quiet location near everything and the historical background was simply amazing. We had our hospitality night where the founding founders of Canada used to come drink. Walked around with a smile on my face the entire week we were there. The GM, Rachel, was basically at our beckon call and helped us with every aspect of our visit, from helping the hospitality night go off flawlessly to helping with shipping many boxes home.
Our last day there we had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Kevin Murphy who also owns 8 or so restaurants nearby. We ate at one of his restaurants 3 times in 2 days! Our last night we ate at Simms, (which he owns too) and it may have been the best steak ever!
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. They were so accommodating I still can't believe it and promise you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Charles S
Rachel V, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you Charles, for your kind words and wonderful review of The Great George. Your group was such a pleasure to deal with and we certainly hope that we will see you again soon on your next visit to PEI. We'll have fresh cookies ready for you!

Thank you again for your feedback - we appreciate it!
Rachel

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I am just wrapping up a week at the Great George and cannot emphasize enough what a positive experience this has been. Rachel Vidito, the General Manager and her amazing staff set a world class standard for customer service, combined with accomodations and a setting that supposed 5 star hotels could learn something from.
I had the privilege of meeting the owner, Kevin Murphy whose vision to create this unique property and set a new benchmark for the lost art of true customer service must be applauded.
Do not hesitate to experience staying here; I guarantee you will be as impressed as I have been. I have never written a review on any hotel in my life; but felt compelled to "spread the word" on this piece of paradise....and I will be back!

Room Tip: Unique rooms and accomodations with a wide variety of options. Some of the "rooms" are actually small historic homes turned into fabulous suites. Unfortunately I can only give them an excellent rating because the site doesn't have anything higher!!!!!
3  Thank Dan S

Dear Dan S,

Thank you taking the time to share your Great George experience and `spread the word`! I am extremely proud of the staff here at The Great George - their commitment to Guest Service and going the extra mile for our guests - and I really appreciate your feedback.

It was absolutely our pleasure having you stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rachel