We'd decided to have our mid-winter time off as a "stay-cation", but got the itch for an overnight getaway to Charlottetown PEI. I'd seen an advertisement for the GG in a magazine and we decided to give it a try. I booked a standard traditional room as all the "romantic" rooms were booked, but had the lady who took the reservation note that as our reason for visiting in case one came available. When we checked in: Wow! We were upgraded to one of their best romantic rooms at no extra charge. We were even allowed to extend our stay in the room for an additional night. The room was great, the service fantastic and friendly. We had about 10" of snow during our stay. One of the staff even helped me clean my car off the day we left and I can't say enough good things about the front desk staff! We will certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown