Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Suites of Euston(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
Rodd Charlottetown(Charlottetown)
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
The Hotel on Pownal(Charlottetown)
The Great George(Charlottetown)
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
View Hotel
All reviewssutherland housethe main hotelhardwood floorslarge suiteenjoyed my stayfront desk staffnice roomfridge and microwaveholland collegewould definitely stay here againa great staywithin walking distanceheritage homeconfederation centreking bedhot breakfastcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Room was clean and spacious. Had fridge, microwave oven, coffee maker and free wifi. That's all we needed. There's a restaurant with reasonable price tho we did not patronize. Good location. Check in person was friendlier and personable. Check out person was official. Met cleaning crew in hallway and they were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ArtNYC
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My husband and I bought a project property on Prince Edward Island a year ago and last month finally arrived to have our first work-reno-vacation there last month. After driving from Stratford, Ontario to Kilmuir, Prince Edward Island over the course of two days, 22 hours of driving, we arrived on site to find that the property was in a state and none of the vendors that we had lined up had actually made it to the site. We were tired, hungry and our dog was toting quite an attitude to boot.

We had booked online for the night before through the website ... but of course we were no where near internet access to try and find a room on the island and what little remained of daylight was diminishing quickly. A quick call to the 800 number and the customer service agent was super helping us find a room where we could stay that night and bring our dog without any grief!

Upon arriving at the Quality Inn on the Hill, I was greeted by an extremely helpful team at the front desk where all my questions were answered quickly and efficiently .. and having noted that we had not expected to be in a hotel that night, even pointed out the stay two and get your third stay free promotion that was currently being offered. They explained that we would be staying in one of the two restored Victorians adjacent to the hotel ... and what a delight the room turned out to be.

So we scooted the car across the parking lot, parked right at the entrance and loaded the dog and ourselves into the room. A perfect room. Lovely queen bed was nicely trimmed out .. the hardwood floors were glistening ... it was beautiful and in keeping with the period of the building. When we travel with the dog we find that it really can be problematic ... lots of accomodation providers charge additional fees and end up sluffing you off into the back rooms as not to upset other guests. But not at the Quality Inn on the Hill .. the staff were helpful about the dog, the room was top notch and we were extremely happy - especially our precious pooch!

Charlottetown is stunning and although we had not planned on a hotel stay upon our arrival, it was a trip saver for us. My husband was able to get out to the site and get things in order with vendors the next morning while the dog and I even had a little luxury sleep in. What looked like it might be a disasterous beginning to our vacation really was saved by our stay at the Quality Inn on the Hill ... we can't thank you enough! We'll be back without any hesitation.

Room Tip: I'm not much for the traditional North American hotel experience. The Victorian annex felt so much like a room in Europe!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Judging from the other reviews, it seems like there is a newly renovated annex, and an ugly old main building... We were put in the main building, and it smelt horrible. I'm not just talking about a stinky room, the entire building smelt bad, and the rooms magnified that smell ten times. Judging by the dirtiness, smell, and ugliness of the room, I'd guess that this hotel is a part time abortion clinic...
However, it was really late and we didn't feel like looking for another vacant hotel, so we toughed it out and got semi-used to the smell of death that night. I never smelt a skunk before, but now I know how it feels.
Shell out an extra $50 and stay in "The Hotel on Pownal", that place looked really nice.

Room Tip: Shell out an extra $50 and stay in
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank smellycat1450646
Reviewed 18 June 2011

the real problem is when I asked to speak to the manager he wouldn't come out and speak to me about how much the room stank. I complained to corporate head office and they gave me the "little lady" treatment. Worst service and treatment of any hotel I've stayed in ever.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank ittsyboo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I am a regular visitor to Charlottetown and most often will choose the Quality Inn on the Hill.
The room during my last visit was large and comfortable. The location is excellent because it is a short walk to all areas of the downtown.
There is not much to choose from in the hotel when it comes to dining however there are numerous bars, pubs and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business