“Over hyped” 2 of 5 bubbles

Motor Burger
Ranked #24 of 768 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Walkerville
“Over hyped”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

The only restaurant were you have to pay extra for fries. Ridiculous. You get a teaspoon of coleslaw on the side of your board plate. Pretty ghetto and overpriced. Burger is not great.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Udine, Italy
“It was alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

The burger was good not great, more hype than flavour, didn't care for the wooden cutting boards used as dishes as the juices dripped everywhere. Service was scant even though place was half empty. Prices were a little high. No desire to return.

Visited August 2010
1 Thank Marco-Friuli
Toronto
“Awesome Burgers in Windsor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

This place has the best burgers, beats out Gilligan's now, and the poutine is really really good. I can't wait to return to windsor just to visit this place. The decor is as the restaurant name implies auto related. It's done in a really nice way so it's not super cheesy like some generic corporate retro-motor themed based restaurant. They serve stuff on wooden plates and not in your usual manner which adds to the ambiance of the place. I mean anyone can just slap a burger and fries on a plate, but creating a special presentation makes this place unique. Also make sure you try the deep fired pickles. Those are so good and they sound weird but once people try them they actually find they like them.

1 Thank Bryan M
Windsor
“I want to love this place, but I just can't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

The flavour of the food is AMAZING, however my boss and I keep finding gristle in our meat.....the first time there I ordered the Lambourghini....it was tasty, different, interesting, but I found 2 large chunks of gristle in my burger. I gave it another try though because it was very tasty and the place has a really nice atmosphere. Second visit I had the Classic Motor Burger, it was really amazing, but again, gristle. I was very disappointed, but thought I'd give it one more try. I have been back 3 or 4 times with no problems myself. Last visit I had the Club Circuit and enjoyed that very much, but my boss had the Classic Motor Burger and found 2 large pieces of gristle. He is not planning on going back for quite some time......IDK what to say, its tastes soooo good, but we can't get past the disappointment. One more thing, they have wood plates and they are too small and I don't see how they can be sanitary (although I'm sure they are), so I ask for a regular plate every visit, much to the confusion of the waiter! .....I'm still going to recommend this restaurant based on flavour and atmosphere.....hope your experience is good!

• 4 of 5 bubbles