All reviews within walking distance small lot hi express small pool great location bus station front desk detroit skyline river view pork sausage breakfast area beds were comfortable nice hotel breakfast buffet cleaning staff short walk excellent stay
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Flight came in at midnight. Staff at the desk where there immediately to let me in as door were locked at that hour. Staff where friendly and helpful. Rooms modern clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast area was clean and well attended. Food variety was good and well stocked. I would definitely stay there again. Picture attached is the view of Detroit from my room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
FelipeG3786, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear kjrap,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Glad to hear our team were fast to take care of you. Breakfast has many options and something for everyone and lets not forget the views from the hotel they are some of the best in Windsor.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Ask for a River view and you will be able to see over the Detroit river to downtown Motown...rooms are nice...free breakfast better than some...only concern the windows overlooking the great view could use a wash.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bairddave7
FelipeG3786, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear bairddave7,

Thank you for the recent review of your stay. We do have a great view of the river and Detroit skyline. We are int he process of replacing all of our windows and will then be working on a window washing program.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel looks brand new. Located on the waterfront, it is close to several local grills and a walking trail along the water, across from Detroit. Colours are bright, modern, with glass, high ceilings in the lobby and a cozy feel nonetheless, for a modern steel and glass building.
On a Sunday night, we had no problem finding a well-lit parking spot right by the main entrance.
It is very clean. Elevators are quick and well kept. The room was pristine, well laid out, modern, well-lit and comfortable. Although my room faced the parking lot, it was quiet, and I wasn't interested in a view anyway. Air conditioning and heating worked very well. The washroom featured a shower with sliding glass doors, modern fixtures, and nice-smelling shampoo, etc. Microwave, clean fridge, Keurig (with a supply of pods),TV, all in excellent condition. Computers and Wifi for guest use are available. Morning breakfast offered lots of variety,such as fruit, cereals, yoghurt, oatmeal, eggs, omelettes, turkey and pork sausages, waffles, toast,coffee and tea (decaf and caf), including dairy-free and gluten-free options on request. Front Desk and cleaning staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful... Especially Elisabeth, who went out of her way, even after her shift was finished, to help me access a Wi-Fi connection for my Ipod, with help from IT. I am very thankful to her for her wonderful assistance and humour after a long and stressful day. I loved my stay there and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sultee

Dear Sultee,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are very lucky to have a newly renovated hotel and in an amazing location. Our team truly do make the difference and will be thanking Elisabeth again for her dedication to customer service. We hope to see you the next time your in Windsor.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This Holiday Inn Express is a nice hotel that's only a couple blocks from the tunnel from Detroit. I selected this hotel because my IHG points could be used. The room was on the small side but comfortable. When I walked into the room, it was 65 degrees and the hallway I just left was about 80. So it was quite a shock. I instantly dialed down the room temp. I had a nice view of the river and it's boat traffic. Beds were comfortable and bath was typical. For breakfast there is a small service area that can be overcrouded at times. There were a lot of people staying that night. Which brings me to the real issue with this hotel. Parking, They have a small lot on property. There is another small lot next door that is overflow. And a parking ramp down the block. Coming back to the hotel around 11PM, there were no spots available in the first 2 lots. I can' t walk long distance well so the ramp wasn't an option. Finally the desk clerk found an open spot in the overflow lot. She did a good job of helping me but they really need more parking close.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FelipeG3786, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Gary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are lucky to have a great location on the river and as you mentioned only a few blocks to the tunnel to Detroit. I am sorry to hear the room was cold upon arrival. Parking is limited in the area, but glad to hear that our front desk team member found a space for you.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Best service ever in any hotel better then a 5 star W. Catherine at the front desk was amazing. Busy nosy baseball thing going on. Upgraded us to a suite with incredible views. She was the best hotel managing person I have ever met!!! Incredible service first time from the states wonderful recommendations on everything. She made our trip the best because of her. Will always want suite 1206 and for Catherine to be our coneirge !!! Will be Bach and often room 1206 only !!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Venture783440,

Thank you for your recent review. Great to hear Catherine looked after you and made your stay great. We look forward to seeing you again soon.