“Great Place”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I have stayed at this motel several times with my family while travelling to the states. It have always been a pleasant stay. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I would recommend it to friends and family.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I personally prefer to have a room on the 1st floor and not facing the street as Huron Church Road i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pink C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We booked the room for 3 days but after one night we could not stay there any longer. The carpet was so filthy we had laid the blankets down to form a path to walk on. You could feel the dirt/grease thru your socks. The bathroom was full of hair, it was just everywhere, the tub, on the floor, behind the toilet it looked like a small animal but it was just hair. I get nauseous just thinking about it. When I complained to the manager, I was told that he just cleaned the room and there was nothing wrong with it....I'm not a picky person but the room has to be clean. The prices are great but it is just not worth the dirty conditions!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Reviewed 18 April 2011

I booked a non-smoking room from Expedia.ca for a Friday night. The staff were friendly and had a quick check-in. My room reeked of cigarette smoke (long-term smoking smell, stuffy) and there were two ash trays on the table so I called front desk to get another room but they were booked up. I had to be up early so I left it be. I called Choice Hotels the next day to complain and promptly received a letter of apology from the Econo Lodge manager. The letter insisted it was a non-smoking room. I then called the manager and she repeated that it was a non-smoking room and that she would consult the ash tray issue with her cleaning staff. It's too bad she didn't own up to the mistake because from now on I will not stay at a Choice Hotel again. She had also mentioned that they were booked up with a wrestling team so I wonder if they refused the room and I got the bad end of the stick? Nice management and customer care. Choice Hotels should notice their regulations more closely.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Wonzantoos
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Just an overnight stay before crossing back to the States --- rate was $75 a night for a double; must be the off-season. Cheaper than a lot of the hotels in the area, especially when all you're looking for is a room, bed, and hot shower.

Speaking of the showers, they were hot and didn't run out. The neighborhood isn't too bad, and you could do far worse.

Hey, it's better than Detroit!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2008

I used to live in Windsor Ontario and this was the motel my guests would stay at when my place was unavailable. I stayed here myself in October and it is exactly what you would expect from an Econo Lodge. I gave it a neutral rating as that adequately expresses how I feel about this hotel. Nothing remarkable, either good or bad. It was clean, the staff efficient and friendly and we spent a night not a fortune. If your looking for a generic motel on a major roadway, this is it.

• Liked — It was satisfactory in every way
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family