New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Windsor, Canada
“Pleasant return visit to attend concert.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Attended a concert at the casino and did not feel like spending $300-$500 for a one-night stay, so I returnrd to the Holiday Inn. Got a great room for a reasonable amount. Saved enough on the romm to go out for dinner and a few drinks at one of the many bars and resturants on the main street.All the entertaiment you could ask for right out the front door and within walking distance. For the price and location, it can`t be beat. Will gladly return for future events I attend. Rooms are clean and spacious with flat screens tv`s being installed.

Room Tip: On weekend visits the rooms on the east side are much more quiet as it is a bar scene on the main st...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is located in a very old building and from the outside appears to be rundown and tired. Not very confidence inspiring. I entered with some concern only to be greeted by "Heather" who was one of the most service oriented and caring young women I have met in this industry. I expected to drop my bags and go to my grandmother's bedside at the local hospital. No. Heather checked with housekeeping and within minutes I was allowed to check in (before 11 am -after my delayed red-eye flight) so I could change and freshen up. Over the next few days she not only recognized my all-nighter and ensured I would not be woken by housekeeping; she researched florists etc. for me as needed. I can't say enough about the overall service I experienced at this property. The housekeeping staff even left a thank you note when I left a tip on the pillow. I have never received that before. This property was clean, comfortable and though the amenities weren't as good as I'm sure others in the downtown area were I couldn't have been more comfortable. Thank you Holiday Inn - you made a sad emotional trip a comfortable, caring and pleasant experience. What more could I have asked for? The attached restaurant with it's 15% discount had good food and also excellent service. I ate there twice. I ordered room service one night and that was also an excellent experience. Good food, hot and quick. AND excellent service. Obviously this property's most valuable resource is its employees. Congratulations.

Room Tip: My room was on the east side overlooking the tunnel. It was quiet and I got the morning sun which wo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tracyohn
HIWINDSOR, Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear tracyohn,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff. They brought a smile to our faces when reading them. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Thank you once again.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

St. Paddy's day weekend was great for many reasons, our accomadations were as before, friendly comfortable the pool was perfect.
It's so nice to feel that when staff and management say is there anything else we can do for you? We knew, it was not only the common question to ask, but they mean it, so nice. Can't wait for the jazz fest we're already booked for another great stay. Thank you again, it's so nice to know there is a hotel away from home that feels like home.
PMP

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear PMPOntario

The entire hotel team would like to thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to welcoming you back this summer!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great staff, very friendly. Refurbished, but nice rooms, great soft towels. Walls a bit thin, I could hear conversations from the room next door. I'd return though, the staff made it special

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your review from your resent stay in Windsor. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the team was able to meet all your needs. I will share your comments with all staff.
I hope on your next trip to Windsor you will visit us again.
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although I can say nothing bad about the staff and their service you should be aware of the following about the downtown location. Lots of bars in the area and seemingly lots of US college students who love to take advantage of the 19 year old drinking age in Ontario. This is not a location if you're looking for a quiet sleep. Try the Huron Church Holiday Inn instead. Looking for the bar scene, then this is the place for sure.

One other point, if you like to use the hotel gym you should be aware that they put this on their smoking floor. Can you imagine? Not the brightest location for a gym.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RM1Paris
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are continually striving to improve the hotel and your input and opinions are valuable to us.
While we are in the heart of the entertainment district, the hotel usually sees this type of activity primarily on the weekends and we are aware of the noise that can arise. Our staff and security work diligently to keep the volume controlled inside the building.
Thank you again.