“Best Cuban food in Toronto”
Review of Mambo Lounge

Mambo Lounge
Ranked #1,173 of 9,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End
Description: Mambo Lounge, a delightful place for Cuban music, food and Mojito lovers.Traditional dishes are well matched with contemporary cuisine in a succulent menu that combines an excellent variety of options. Not only does our well combined and tasteful cooking style make people return, but also our intimate and cozy atmosphere and splendid music attract those who come to Mambo Lounge. Basking in the warm summer breeze on our casual patio, you can enjoy either a chilled beer or glass of wine. And moreover, our staff will provide you with a professional and friendly service, turning your stay in a priceless experience.
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing and full of flavour. The great variety of tapas. The shrimp is large and delicious. I recommend the lamb shank. It is tender and very filling. The staff are extremely friend and welcoming. They claim they have the best mojitos and they do. They have a Carnival night once a month on Saturday which is a fun and you will have a great time.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Sweet_and_Delicious

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I've been here twice and was not disappointed! The food and service are both excellent. The mojito took me back to Cuba. I highly recommend the crab cakes off the Tapas menu as well as the grilled calamari. I had the lamb as the main which was tasty, but I didn't like the cut of meat, it was a little tough.

On Saturday night there is live music playing, which brought an authentic Cuban vibe to the restaurant.

All in all it was a great experience.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 9 March 2016

While visiting Toronto on business, we visited Mambo Lounge and we were very impressed with the restaurant. The food was incredible, and service was top-notch and the ambience was beautiful! Mambo makes you feel like you are right in the heart of Havana! One of my favourite restaurants in Toronto!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

We recently celebrated a Cuban Carnivale without having to fly to Cuba. The atmosphere is great - cozy with Cuban photos and paintings on the wall. They have live music on Friday & Saturday but we enjoyed the music of a few musicians as part of the Carnivale, plus we were also entertained by beautiful Samba dancers shaking their tail feathers. It was a preset meal but everything was delicious- the appetizers were yuca frittas & plantain & olives. Then a fresh green ( spinach ) salad with avocado, mango & tomatoes. The main course was both chicken & pork, congri ( rice & beans) & vegetables. The mojitos are the best I have had , and the choice of wines and other drinks is good.
To top it off you can dance and pretend you are in Cuba! A good time was had by all!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 20 February 2016

My friends and I like to try a different restaurant every month and this month we lucked out at the Mambo Lounge. The wait for our food was very long, BUT it was worth the wait. I had the sea bass with rice and veggies, beautifully cooked, one friend had the chicken dish which she loved and the other had the Tapas plate. We were all very satisfied. Service was also first rate and friendly. We will return.

Date of visit: February 2016