“Amazing!!”

Ranked #880 of 9,692 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The flavor combos were unexpected...in a good way!!
Had the lentil soup and veggie wrap combo. The soup was creamy with a perfect balance of curry and lentil flavors with beautiful presentation. The wrap wasn't over stuffed nor skimpy so it helped me not make a mess.
My Family of 9 ate outside comfortably and the staff was patient and accommodating.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I had just checked into the Hyatt Regency at about 2 pm, and I was looking for a late lunch that would fill me up just enough until dinner. I noticed Ravi on the Yelp! app, and since it got good reviews and I so rarely see soup places that aren't chains, I decided to go. It was only a block away.

Very few people were in the place, which has two dining rooms: an indoor one and an outdoor "garden" dining room in the back. Both were pretty empty.

It took me a couple of minutes to decide because everything looked so good. I finally ordered what I think was called Ravi stew. It's a soup with beef, chicken, spinach, sweet potatoes, shitake mushrooms (I think), and a few other vegetables. The counter person told me to take a seat and a waiter would deliver it. I sat outside at a table under an umbrella because it was just barely drizzling.

What a treat I was in for! First, the presentation was lovely. The big bowl of soup was brimming with color, and it looked very hearty but not overwhelming. It came with a roll that was cornbread-like and shaped into a sort of baguette. Also accompanying the soup was a small dish of tangy sauce.

The soup was delicious, with generous portions of both meat and vegetables. The bread was light and flaky. The soup had a bit of a spicy kick, but a bit of the side sauce tamed that right down.

I ate at a leisurely pace to enjoy every spoonful. And after eating, I posted my approval of the restaurant on an app for the conference in town I was attending. Apparently my advice was heeded and others enjoyed Ravi too.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This place is the best great value lunch I think I have ever had. Menu is fantastic soups and wraps (or half and half) for a little over $10. All served on a small lazy Susan while you sit at a beautiful solid word table. Queue was out the door when we arrived which is often a good sign. So if it is busy it is still with the wait.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

On a cold or rainy day, Ravi's Soups are really great. The beef miso is hands down my favourite soup, but I also love the butternut squash or the corn chowder with crab. If I'm really hungry I'll throw in the steak wrap. The mix of steak with sweet potato, Brie cheese, fresh spinach, and that sauce is incredible. They also make a pretty excellent banana bread, which I didn't expect.

My boyfriend lives in another country, but whenever he's visiting he wants Ravi's food first and foremost!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We were staying at the Hilton across the way back in December and since it was so cold after traveling almost a thousand miles from the U.S.A we didn't want to go too far. This place was perfect! Small, quiet, and deliciously amazing soups!! The guys were super pleasant, served us pretty quickly and even packed our left over to go.
When we got our check, I must say I was also pleasantly surprised since I had heard everything in Toronto was expensive.
I think of this place often. And wish they were closer. Don't miss out on trying their food!