“Delicious Pork Ramen soup”
Review of KINTON RAMEN

KINTON RAMEN
Ranked #894 of 9,390 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 23
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: Kinton Ramen is an unique, yet authentic Japanese noodle soup experience that will give you a new perspective of noodle soup culture in town.
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Great service, great vibe, great food!

Authentic vibe to the place and always busy.

Would recommend this for anyone looking for some ramen in north York!

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I got shoyu chicken with chicken and added bean sprouts.

Let me start with the noodles - the delicious, fantastic, perfectly cooked noodles. The chicken that came served on top of my noodles, well cooked and thinly cut. But, a very small portion of protein for the $11.99+ bowl. Broth was tasty, but was under seasoned - it had very good potential, but I was hoping for more from "the best ramen in Toronto."

Many menu items were unavailable, for example the appetizer on the special menu, any wine, and one other thing one of my friends was unable to get though I can't remember. For such a small menu, we were expecting there to be enough for a Saturday night at 6pm.

I realize it's a busy restaurant, but it's small, so the disappointing service was frustrating when I was sitting at the bar and couldn't get a glass of water (nor a refill).

I was at the side of the bar and could see the full kitchen and I was turned off by the buckets of food sitting in the sink and on the counter. Not stainless steel containers, or some kind of "tupperware" actual buckets - that I would use for cleaning.

I liked that the bar stools had a spot to put your purse or bag in.

I might give it another try... Maybe another location to hopefully improve my opinion.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Location: Near Empress and Yonge, East side.
Parking: Park in municipal lot next door on street metered parking
Menu: Simply constructed and easy to follow. Choose your soup base, choose your noodle, choose your meat, choose any extras.
We all tried a different configuration. I found the chicken broth with shoyu was good and not too salty.
Inside: Very small and narrow. Seats are not too comfortable (no backs and wood). May have to wait.
What is interesting: Featured on FoodNetwork show You gotta eat here
Overall: Lots of possibilities to choose from. Worth a try.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

I don't get the line-ups when this place first opened. Well it is tiny, but why wait?. It's been on You Gotta Eat here and I've heard other people say they like it. And maybe the pork is better. But they did highlight the chicken on YGE here. And that was gross. I got the chicken broth shoyu with chicken breast. The broth made me nauseous. I stopped about 15% of the way into my meal. And the chicken was, well missing. They forgot to give me chicken in my chicken soup. The chicken that did come was just a couple slabs of plain, tasteless white chicken breasts.

I don't like pork so I'll have to take others' word for it.

I do give a lot of credit to the staff. A ton of energy. They welcome you, they bid you well. Attentive service. Their homemade lemonade is really good. I think I remember them tossing me an extra glass after the forgotten chicken. I wanted to be more impressed. Can't do it again though.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

I alway wanted to try a Ramen Noodle place and a video on You Have to Eat Here made the decision to try Kinton Ramen.

Their location in North Toronto is small and crowded so get there early. We arrived at 5.30 PM and got the last table and the line ups started after that.

The place is crowded and noisy so be prepared for that.

The service is fast and helpful especially for a first time client.

I had the pork ramen and the soup, noodles and pork was delicious. The broth is fortified so you get lots of taste.

There is city parking at the back which is better than a tow away.

Good price for the ramen $10.99.

It is a long distance for me to get to Kinton, I hope they will open in Markham sometime soon.

Going to try it again.