“Best Sangri-La` ever had”
Review of Han Ba Tang

Han Ba Tang
Ranked #1,527 of 9,762 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: North York
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My second visit to Han Ba Tang was hilarious because of the sweet and very fruity Sangri-La. It was just like the one I had in Spain but fruitier in a bigger glass. The service personnel were all very kind and bright so I felt well treated. And the special dish for wine was excellent. The bounty fried sweet potato chips with sauce delicious was particularly creative. I wish I had more time to taste the other dishes but... even with one sip of Sangri-La made me so happy~~^^

1  Thank 경희 부

Reviewed 24 May 2018

What a fabulous restaurant. This restaurant was introduced to me by my friend and I'm so glad he did! I had the octopus and prawns and they were so tasty. I'm always conscious that octopus can be rubbery, but this was so delicious. The prawns were big and juicy. The two plates were a perfect meal and just right for one person. I would go back again.
Please be aware, they open at 5 pm.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Han Ba Tang means One More around in Korean and this funky Gastro pub is all this and a plate of Kimchi Fries topped with Bulgogi. The owner prides herself on authentic Korean cuisine but you won't find Bimimbap here. Instead look for almost high end food in a low brow environment. I adore the Mac & Cheese with octopus and spicy sauce. They have their own kimchi fridges in the basement where they are aging all different veggies. The cocktails are super. The place does not have a sign so look for the numbers. The area is Yonge and Shepherd which I equate to the Brooklyn to Manhattan. New, upcoming and bold.

1  Thank Joannasable
Reviewed 22 December 2016

While eating at MeNami, I found out that the proprietors also had a Korean fusion restaurant on Yonge Street and decided to check it out.

The restaurant was a little difficult to find and it was frustrating trying to find a place to park on a really miserable Canadian winter day. However, once inside the experience was much better. The restaurant is cute, but crowded so anyone walking past your seat brushes against you and despite having a reservation I ended up sitting on the edge of the table outside the bathrooms as the place was really full.

Enough complaining,...onto the food! Great, we grossly underestimated the size of the plates and really over ordered. The amazing presentation with a ring of cheese around the food was unexpected and delicious. After drinking a sampler of the Soju, I am happy to say the Korean favorite drink is excellent as I had never had it before. I would love to know how they did their french fries.....better than poutine, sacrilege from a Canadian I know!

Wait staff were distractingly beautiful/handsome, very knowledgeable and efficient. The music was enjoyable, and the generally young crowd was having fun. I will go back on a day with better weather now that I know where it is.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

There was 4 of us and we shared the pork, beef tacos and kimchi pancakes which were delicious. Service was excellent and good selection of drinks. Atmosphere was trendy and had a great vibe. Would go back!