“Delicious Authentic Mexican Food”
Review of Aztec's Mine

Aztec's Mine
Ranked #1,723 of 9,812 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 5 November 2018

We were 7 women having dinner and each of us was pleased with our meal. The food is authentic Mexican and absolutely delicious! You won't be disappointed (unless you fail to make a reservation - this restaurant is not large).

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our lunch at Aztec's Mine, it's a great little restaurant with a few tables on a street side patio. Started with Golden tacos which weren't my favourite but only because they were too thick for deep frying imo but the toppings were yum. Tinga tacos were the perfect choice as far as my son was concerned, he said they were excellent and he's a big taco guy. The owner/host suggested Huarache for my husband and again an excellent choice and recommendation, he was happy and so was I while stealing pieces of surprisingly tender steak off of his plate. I had the Tostadas de ceviche and I have to say the corn tortillas themselves are of no consequence as the ceviche was the star of the show as it should be, fresh and zesty. Be sure to have the house made sauces- mild and hot...the hot is fantastic! The cold Dos Equis in their poncho/sombrero outfits were the perfect accompaniment. The kitchen is open and in the middle of the room so you can see, smell and hear what's going on, crazy knife skills by the 3 ladies preparing our meals! Our host and server were warm and friendly, you can tell that the staff enjoy themselves

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Aztec’s Mine was full to capacity on mid-day Mother’s Day & Cherry Blossom Festival at near-by High Park. We got the last 3 seats at the counter without waiting, after we were seated others were told at least 30 min wait. They do take reservations. Friendly service but slow on the food delivery, maybe because of the crowd. We ordered molé tacos, fish tacos, and Enchiladas Verde. The enchiladas were on the bland side, fish tacos needed some crunchy slaw to augment them because they were more like tuna fish. The molé tacos with chicken were the best choice with a tangy molé sauce. Very adequate lunch size servings. The mango juice was a delicious pairing with the mole. The front section of the restaurant with big widows and outdoor seating looked lovely on this sunny day. The back of the restaurant was a bit dark and small for the blaring mariachi band that started playing just as we were leaving.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Had a very warm and sunny day so went looking for a patio. Found it here on Bloor St. west across from High Park. You will love it!. Great service bringing you lots of variety of Mexican cuisine.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My husband and I ordered the enchiladas and I thought that the sauce was very tasty, but my meal was warm, not hot. The side order of beans was delicious and hot. Whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant tortilla chips and salsa is free, not here. You have to pay extra for chips AND salsa.

Date of visit: August 2017