“Loved it!!!!!”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

GEORGE Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
GEORGE Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,765 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 51 - US$ 51
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This was a special occasion - a birthday celebration. We had the 5 course menu and it was the best tasting menu experience we have ever had. Highly recommended. The server (Rob) was exceptional. He had a good sense of humor which enhanced the whole experience. The sommelier was very informative and we appreciated his comments and insights. We'll definitely be back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I've only had a few meals in my life that cost me $450, but this one was far from the best. It was good but it didn't blow me away and I left hungry. I'm certainly not obsessed with portion size but I should at least feel sated. In short, too much flash without enough substance.

1  Thank andrew b
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The food and service at the George Restaurant was amazing. Next time we go I would do the tasting menu with wine pairings.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Absolutely delicious!! And very filling. The only surprise was the un-announced rather hefty pre-assigned tip.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My husband and I went to George for our anniversary dinner. We chose to sit outside and it is a beautiful patio area. It was a perfect night weather-wise and the atmosphere was absolutely lovely. We had the 7 course tasting menu and were pleased but not blown away by the meal. We had a cocktail to begin the evening and before that was finished, our first course was served. But, NOT with the wine pairing. That arrived after we were finished. Not an auspicious beginning. It did improve from then on. The food is beautifully presented and quite delicious but, not always seasoned enough (ie salt!). My favourite course was the soft-shell crab. It was crispy and full of flavour. My husband loved his lobster risotto. Neither of the desserts were good. Mine was a gummy paste that had no taste at all and my husband's was a dry cake with strange burnt coconut crisps on top. They did write an anniversary message on the dessert plates which was a lovely touch. It is interesting that the meals are different. I haven't decided whether or not this is a good thing. But we did get to try many different dishes - well 14! Overall a very good dinner with a few misses.