“Great tapas!”
Review of Portland Variety

Portland Variety
Reserve with OpenTable
Portland Variety is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The food at this place is delicious, it all comes in tapas size, so you get to try a little bit of everything, one of my favorites is patatas bravas, they are so good. I didn't care for the mixed drinks, the one I had and the one my friend had were watery and tasteless, so, have beer or wine. It is very loud, so, just get used to screaming at each other to have a conversation. Service is good enough, when they are around, but they disappear for long periods of time, this has happened the 3 times I've been there.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I've been here for lunchbased on a friend recommendation. The menu is simple enough, some starters, some sandwiches, salads and a handful main dishes to choose from. I went for Piri Piri Chicken Sandwich ($15) and my friend picked Mushroom Salad ($18). The portions were really small. ANd the salad...You expect it to come in a deep bowl but no, on a regulat plate, with some mushroom and cheese hidden under arugula leaves. The price-performance ratio for this meal was close to %20.

I also ordered Erdinger however I highly doubt it was an Erdinger ($8). It wasn'T cloudy, nor had the proper banana and citrusy flavours in it. I could swear they served a Pilsner. Or at least the beer was probably from the bottom of the keg.

The place is spacious and had many tables outside. Hlaf of them were under the sun, so the place obviously lacks some parasol. The reason I did not give 1 star is our server, who was very kind and respectful.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I have a beef with this restaurant right now and it's over an ice cube. Yes. You read that right. Generally when I order something off the menu I expect it to be as it reads. When I read about their $15 drink with a spherical ice globe in it I said "heck ya, take my money". To much disappointment when my drink arrived it came in a martini glass with ice cubes sad and square shaped. Alarmed I asked our server if this is in fact the drink I ordered and she nonchalantly said "yes". When I inquired further about the ice cube difference she stated "ya.. sometimes we use different ice cubes" and walked away. Sadly I did not want to pay $15 a pop for your run of the mill square ice cube. Very disappointed and sad my Instagram dreams could not come true. ITS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT PEOPLE

1  Thank Jessieismyname
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

A good brunch on sunday with a fair choice of options. Service is cool and terrasse outside quiet enough for a busy road

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We came to PV for Sunday brunch - I tried the fried egg bravas - fried eggs, cilantro, fried potatoes, bacon lardons garlic aioli on a tomato base - delicious and filling, without being excessively salty. My kids split the lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote and maple syrup - I swiped some of their pancakes and they were incredible! They came with a lemon cream cheese mousse which complemented the sweetness of the blueberries.
Service was excellent - although we didn't have a cocktail, many other diners did. One drink was smoking - not sure which one it was, but it looked really cool.
We also went inside and bought some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies to take home. They we huge and very rich.
Overall a great brunch spot - would definitely come back!