“Great Food with Excellent service”

The David Duncan House
Reserve with OpenTable
The David Duncan House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #424 of 9,819 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great service from getting in the door till the end of the meal. This is a business dinner with a total of 16 people. Food is amazing, from appetizer, entree to dessert, just so yummy. Must try The garlic bread made by their own secret garlic butter sauce, just delicious. I ordered the bean soup, just right amount of mixed beans. My colleague ordered the salad and she said it was fresh and delicious. I ordered the Steak (medium rare), just perfect, juicy and tender, served with rice and seasonal vegetables. Cheese cake is rich and yummy, coffee is fresh and hot as expected. My server Eric provided excellent service to everyone. All my colleagues said they love the food and the room (private dinning room )!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We both had delicious, beautifully cooked steaks on our visit here. The atmosphere is classy, if slightly geared towards an older crowd. A little bit higher priced than other steakhouses in the area, but worth it for the quality of the meal.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank allisonc957
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We were a group of 8 people and everyone enjoyed their meal very much. The food is very good, quiet atmosphere, classic decor, easy parking on site. Make a reservation in advance.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank goldie
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

The prime rib is excellent and the service is professional. I would come back for business or for special occasions for anytime

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank 141ronf
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I've been there several times and the food has always been great. Last week I went again we both had the smoked breast of duck a l'orange. It was more like ham than duck - the outer pieces were overdone and tough and the smoke overshadowed the orange sauce. We were so disappointed. In the past I've had their braised duckling and it was melt in your mouth delicious. Wish they'd bring that back. The vegetables were good but the mashed potatoes could have been warmer. We ate about 8:15 - the place was fairly quiet - maybe we got the leftovers. The wait staff was wonderful and especially patient taking pictures of us as I had an out of town guest. The atmosphere can't be beat - quiet elegance - and that's what will bring me back. The sea food dishes have always been wonderful. BTY - still finding cottage cheese on the complimentary appetizer tray unusual and this time the garlic toast was limp and fairly garlic-less ! Maybe the chef was having an off night.

Date of visit: May 2017