“Fantastic Restaurant!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed 29 May 2012

There were 7 of us for dinner at Oyster Boy on Saturday night. All but one loves oysters so we must have had 4 dozen, trying various kinds (east coast, west coast)including Oysters Rockefeller. We ordered 2 Lobsters as well and 2 types of salads and everything was exceptional. My son, the chef, suggested we go and we can't wait to go back! One suggestion: we went early (5:30 pm) and I'm glad we did. We shared the restaurant with only a few tables at that time and saw how busy it was when we left at 7:45 pm.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you love seafood, Oyster Boy is a restaurant you must go to at least once. Trouble is, once you've been once, you're likely to go again.

With its cozy, nautical atmosphere, fantastic staff and service, and incredibly fresh food, Oyster Boy is bar-none the favourite restaurant for my man and I in the city. We frequent it as often as we can and in all our visits there, have never been disappointed.

Unassuming when you enter, Oyster Boy is unpretentious, down-to-earth, and local. The oysters are very fresh, and probably the best priced in the city, as most other establishments get their oysters sourced from Oyster Boy. The staff are friendly and helpful, and can always be counted on to let you know some great new oysters to try - if you don't like oysters, they may just change your mind. We've brought many friends over the years, who have turned into oyster lovers after a visit.

I highly recommend any P.E.I oysters - especially for those trying oysters for the first time. They're smaller and sweeter.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Ate there with my partner in April, and the food is awesome. Oysters are so fresh that they almost swim down your throat. The lobster was perfectly cooked. The smoked trout Caesar salad was so good I had some more for desert. It is a cosy place, and the menu is wonderful. However, something must have happened to our server. It took over an hour for our oysters to come. We asked if they were still trying to catch them or what? The rest of the food took another 30 minutes.

However, the food is good enough that we might give it another try.

1  Thank BmmrBabe
Reviewed 19 February 2012

really really fresh. well decorated, cozy, loved it. The oysters are the best in town. The owners been at it for so long. Very cool guy. Expert.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

This was my second visit to Oyster Boy; the first being earlier this year. I've never been a fan of oysters but Oyster Boy is changing this. The oysters are fresh and tasty, the service is good, the beer (Beau Lagered) is great and the fresh bread is incredible. A great place to eat. My only complaint would be that the tables are small and the high, bar stool-style, seats get a bit uncomfortable after awhile.