“Appetizers were delicious....”

Matisse Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Matisse Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 8,777 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 40
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Yonge/Bloor
Transit: Directly connected to Yonge/Bloor Subway Station.
Description: Matisse was named after inspiring murals that envelop the soul the moment you walk in. Our warm and comfortable atmosphere and friendly service sets the evening apart from others. Our menu reflects International influences on Canadian cuisine with fresh local ingredients designed and prepared by our award winning chef. Each plate is presented as a work of art.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The experience here was excellent. Every detail which was reviewed in advance was implemented in a polite and warm manner.
The service was outstanding and people got everything they requested in a timely manner.

We would use Matisse next year.

MatisseMgt, Manager at Matisse Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear patweiss,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. It brings me great satisfaction reading your review knowing my team at Matisse has delivered flawless hospitality. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal.
We hope you will plan to visit us again and enjoy our exquisite range of food and beverage options.

Assistant F&B Operations Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed at Marriot 3days and had our breakfasts @ Mattisse. We could have good morning satrts thanks to all staffs there. They were comfortable to be served and talk with, especially Rashid was adorable! His excellent service made our stay in Toronto so memorable. He is a REAL professional man. Could't be better!
We could enjoy our trip in Canada this time with all fantastic staffs of Marriot. Many thanks to all !!!

MatisseMgt, Manager at Matisse Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear shinya3214,

Thank you very much for your much appreciated feedback. It is great to read that you like the food and service in the restaurant. A special thank you for mentioning Rashid name, who provided excellent service. I will make sure to inform him about your feedback and personally thank him.

The food is prepared by our experienced culinary team and I will make sure to share your feedback with them at this is the best incentive they can get.

I am looking forward welcoming you back at Matisse in the near future!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My husband and I had breakfast @ the Matisse restaurant + bar this past weekend & we had great time! The décor was lovely & we were treated so well. In particular our server, Arta, was great! She made the experience even more memorable. She was very pleasant & attended to our needs with utmost care & respect.
The food was amazing! I had the omelette with a thick cheese center & it was delicious! the fresh cut potato dices were so great with ketchup. Let's not forget the orange juice! The somewhat forgotten but mandatory breakfast item was a hit at our table! I LOVE fresh orange and this definitely fresh and organic. Not 1 hint of processed taste! Just PURE orange juice! made my morning! Thank you staff for doing such a great job!

MatisseMgt, Manager at Matisse Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Niwah V,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. It brings me great satisfaction reading your review knowing my team at Matisse has delivered flawless hospitality. I'm so pleased to hear the encouraging remarks about our associates and that you enjoyed your meal.

It would be our pleasure to have you return and we hope it is very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stayed at the Marriott so had breakfast and dinner here. Good food, service and ambience. Rashid was exceptional in looking after us. keep it up

MatisseMgt, Manager at Matisse Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Gonzales R,
Thank you very much for your positive comments. Good to hear you received fantastic service from our team in particular Rashid, and you enjoyed our breakfast and Dinner.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Matisse to experience our exemplary service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We have been staying at Marriot and have had our breakfasts there.

Amazing quality and our server Rashid was the best someone can ask for (bravo mr!). It felt like home!

We will def be back.

MatisseMgt, Manager at Matisse Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Andreacarux,

It would be our pleasure to have you return and we hope it is very soon.