“Grungy”

Ranked #5,263 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: East End
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Made the mistake of coming here to play pool with some friends :(. There are 2 pool tables jammed at the back of the place next to a huge pole and crammed in among eating tables, other electronic games and the thruway between the kitchen and rest of the restaurant. There is not even enough for 1 pool table yet they jammed 2 in this tiny spot.

To make matters worse, the tables were dirty, the felt was ripped and they were uneven. It wasn't even fun as you couldn't take most of the shots with out being impeded.

Over all the place felt dirty and grungy. We were happy that we were not eating there . On a positive note the service was fairly friendly and fairly prompt but we won't be returning - especially to play pool.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Needed a place with TVs to watch the Raptors game so we decided to come here. There are many TVs, lots of speakers and projectors as well. Great for large groups too.

This is my first time here so I wasn't sure what to expect so we started off with the calamari. And this is BY FAR THE WORST CALAMARI WE'VE EVERRR TASTED. Couldn't even finish it! There was ZERO taste so I had to a lot of salt and black pepper (and I'm pretty anti salt so that should tell you something).

For my main meal I got the veggie nachos which were actually really good. I liked that it was real marble cheese and not that cheese whiz gross crap that a lot of other places use on their nachos. I was preparing for the worst since the calamari was so nasty. My boyfriend got the beef burger with fries which he also liked. The fries tasted homemade which is always a bonus.

As for our waitress, she wasn't too attentive but the restaurant was pretty packed so I didn't mind too much. Although we never formally complained, when she asked how the calamari was my boyfriend said it wasn't good. So she did discount the calamari 50% which was appreciated.

I probably would come here again but not as my first option. Every restaurant I go to I always start off with calamari as my appetizer but DEFINITELY NOT HERE EVER AGAIN. I loved the atmosphere which had a large part to do with all the Raptors fans in here cheering on our city. I gave three stars because of the calamari, the inattentive waitress and my boyfriend's beer was pretty flat.

1  Thank jennnny26
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This tavern-restaurant has been around for some time and fells very much like a sports bar. If you are hard of hearing, maybe choose to come weekdays and/or for lunch. late or otherwise. As aforementioned, it could fairly be described as tired-looking inside. Staff do their best to be friendly and provide for all diner's needs. Outdoor sidewalk seating during warmer months, I am done. The end.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We (a group of 5) visited while we were walking along the Danforth because it looked quite nice from the outside. It was a little tired looking inside with very few customers. The menu was quite varied at the prices were average. When the waitress brought my food she managed to spill all the ketchup from a small bowl all over my arm and all over my shorts. Her main concern appeared to be her own embarassment as opposed to my predicament. She brought extra napkins and a few wet wipes and them left me to fend for myself. She never botherered to clean up the mess on the floor or pick up the bowl. Once I cleaned myself up I then ate my food - which by then was cooling down quickly. She never returned to the table except to collect the dishes and never checked on me again. To my utter amazement one of my family group paid the bill in full and even tipped (I think) whereas I would have expected my meal to be deducted to offset the inconvenience and the cleaning bill. Needless to say I was disgusted by the experience and I won't return here under any circumstances. I presume she either didn't inform the manager; because he never spoke to me, or maybe she spoke to him and he didn't care? I suggest you give this place a miss.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed some awesome jumbo chicken wings with friends and sat on a beautiful patio. Their butter chicken was homemade and very tasty too. Candi was amazing and the food was excellent.