“Decent food, good location and pleasant service!”
Review of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,217 of 8,774 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North York
Cross street: North York Blvd
Transit: Exit at North York Centre, walk south on the west side of Yonge. Baton Rouge is right after the lights.
Description: For an unparalleled dining experience featuring succulent steaks, delicious lobster and an extensive wine list, visit Bâton Rouge Steakhouse Bar & Grill in North-York.
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday evening with five other people, and my experience exceeded expectations. Location was convenient next to the Mel Lastman Square. Service was pleasant. Food was decent. I got Lobster Risotto and got to sample calamari appetizer, the famous ribs (it wasn't super amazing but not terrible, either), classic steak, sweet potato fries and mashed potatoes. They were all tasty. The only complaint is that we felt squeezed into the booth which would have comfortably seated about four people.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Great food and a nice atmosphere. The only issue we had was the service. They pulled out server to another section and we were promptly forgotten about. After finishing our meals and waiting another 15 or so minutes, I had to go to the front and speak with with the hostess to get more drinks and a dessert menu. They were out of the dessert I wanted, but the people I was with enjoyed theirs.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Very nice service and nice diner. The menu and wine list are very diverse. The place even features the French aperitif 'pastis' !

1  Thank Tachermoyen
Reviewed 25 December 2016

I have frequented this restaurant several times in 2016, most times taking my entire family with me. They love the ribs but the menu is very limited and somewhat overpriced. Despite the fact that the restaurant is large they have no circular tables that can seat 9 people and so, for a party of nine, conversation is limited. Service tends to be good, although we have had occasions when it is very slow. One thing upset me was the fact that when the bill is presented, they add a gratuity of 18% of the combined food and tax.
I believe in offering a gratuity based on the service I receive as a percentage of the food bill and I should determine the percentage.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

When I read reviews, I often wonder if the bad reviews were written by the restaurant's competitors. I just want to assure you that I am not a competitor. I am just a person who loves eating out and enjoys delicious, tasty foods. If you are like me, then don't eat at the Baton Rouge located in North York! We went there for dinner before a show, and thought we'd give it a try because the location was very convenient. It was a huge disappointment. I would never recommend Baton Rouge to any of my friends or family. My husband and I both ordered the Sante Fe Chicken and we were both disappointed. The zucchini and red peppers were overcooked, and the chicken was very dry. How dry? Well to be honest, it was difficult to swallow. That's how dry it was. I would have returned it, but we didn't have time to order another entree. It was obvious that the chicken had been pre-cooked and then re-heated. There was very little goat cheese on top. My friend ordered the Grilled Sirloin Steak Salad and the steak was not overcooked, but the vegetables were. It had very little blue cheese on top.

1  Thank LovemyBrian