“Best Hostel I've Ever Stayed In!!!”
Review of Planet Traveler

Planet Traveler
“Best Hostel I've Ever Stayed In!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I travelled last summer alone around the USA and Canada one of my stops was in Toronto I stayed in this hostel and just LOVED it. I stayed in a lot of hostels on my travels but this hostel stands out to me as it was just amazing. The staff are fantastic and the hostel owner it a very nice man! I was initially worried about staying in a 'green' hostel but after reading great reviews I thought I'd give it a try and Im definitely glad I did. This is more like a hotel than a hostel, the staff are so friendly, they have so many facilities to use free of charge and lots of events in the evenings for all the travellers. The common room there was just so nice too, with such a nice atmosphere, I was travelling alone but not once felt alone in this hostel!! Its also all sound proofed i remember when I was there one of the houses opposite was on fire and there was so much commotion going on outside and from inside the hostel you could not tell one bit (in a very good way)..they also provide a really nice breakfast and have free pasta and rice available and free laundry (just add your own soap) andddd its got a 24hr store next door! I can not recommend this place highly enough!! Oh and theres a tram stop right outside the door!! Oh and dont worry about it being a green hostel its not dark AT ALL infact its really well lit and there were no issues about hot water whatsoever!!.. andddd they give really large lockers. Honestly. STAY HERE ITS DEFINITELY WORTH IT! lots of couples stayed here anddd loads of single travellers!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Tina L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I went to toronto last month and spend 2 nights here. This place is beyond my expectation. It's clean, safe, peaceful and very energic, friendly staff. The location is ok, convenient for subway and bus, also near china town and U of T. I stayed in private room. This is also real green, eco hostel. There is common room and ktichen room at basement and Party room at roof top.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dalzeno
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights while attending a conference, and loved the hostel. Clean, friendly people, nice common areas with computers, telephones, tables, couches, and TVs, even a rooftop bar. Wireless internet everywhere. Great breakfast provided, as well as staple foods like coffee, tea, rice and popcorn. Shared a room with 5 strangers who all kept different hours, but each 6-bed dorm room has a separate sleeping room, entryway with lockers, and bathroom, so we didn't wake each other up as we came and went. I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy S
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I am very impressed by this place. The location is excellent, and close to transportation. The sheets and towels are good, the place is clean. There is a full kitchen (fridge/freezer, stove, microwave) for use. For FREE there are basic pantry basics available, as well as popcorn for snacking. Also included is free breakfast (available from 7:00am to 1pm) and a dinner on Saturday night.The free wireless is a great bonus too. Staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have stayed in many hostels around the world and Planet Traveler is my number one. It is quite hard to fault this hostel in any way. It is well equipped, it is very CLEAN and the rooms are new/fresh with windows and climate control. The rooms have very comfortable bedding especially in the private rooms, although the dorm rooms are still great. There are also great big lockers for storing valuable and chargers inside the lockers too!

I stayed at the hostel on and off over a six week period and so did many of my close friends here in Toronto. When we met at the hostel, it had a great social atmosphere and I'm guessing that it has still carried on to this day. Anthony the hostel owner also puts on a bbq and serves burgers on saturday evenings providing the weather is acceptable of course.

Keep up the good work Planet Traveler.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo