“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
By The Park Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 116 Toronto B&B and Inns
Cairo, Egypt
“Perfect”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I chose By the Park Bed & Breakfast because of its reasonable prices and proximity to Toronto's High Park. What I didn't realize was that I would also find the most gracious hosts and a wonderfully vibrant neighborhood within walking distance. Margo and Ziggy greeted me warmly, cooked me fabulous breakfasts, and engaged in interesting conversations when I wanted to be social and left me to myself when I was preoccupied. In short, they made me feel at home. The B&B is located on a quiet, residential street, but just a few blocks away one finds a wide array of boutique shops, restaurants, cafes, and pubs. The subway is one block away, offering easy access to downtown and the rest of the city. And High Park, perfect for a peaceful stroll, is also one block away. I could not recommend this B&B more highly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed in one of the ensuite rooms without breakfast. The entire property was absolutely spotlessly clean. You can see your reflection in every flat surface. The rooms have been renovated tastefully and to a high standard. I would agree with other reviewers that the soundproofing between the guest rooms could be better. I could hear the words of neighbouring guests having a fairly quiet conversation. However, the other guests were quiet and I didn't experience any disturbances. The location is great, the wifi worked perfectly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This b&b is a lovingly restored Victorian home on a quiet street with beautiful woodwork and period furniture, but all the modern conveniences of the 21st century. The owners, Margo and Ziggy, are helpful, friendly and great cooks. Since we didn't have a car, the location was perfect, since it is just a block from the subway and the bus. I would strongly recommend it and if we come back to Toronto I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank bmh1207
Ebermannstadt
Reviewed 23 November 2011

By The Park is the perfect place to stay, even for an extended visit to Toronto such as I had in September 2011. The holiday suite I stayed in was small but tastefully furnished with an eye to the period the house itself was built. The bathroom nice and roomy with well working appliances, even a hair blower is provided. The shared kitchenette sometimes provided unexpected new aquaintences, especially if you do not mind being walked in on in your dressing gown.
I especially enjoyed the sitting areas on the porch and in the garden, as the weather allowed breakfast al fresco.
Last but not least By The Park is ideally situated. It's just a few meters from High Park (definitly one of Toronto's sights), which is lovely for an evening stroll or a brisk morning walk. And less than a five minutes walk to Keele Station, which opens up the whole of Toronto to you.
As a single person to travel I find it important, that I always at any given time of the day I felt safe, at By The Park, walking through High Park or coming back from the city by subway.
I hope that one day I'll have the opportunity to go back to Toronto. The place I'll stay iscertainly going to be By The Park.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Beate K
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I were in Toronto to visit family and friends and to take part in the Scotiabank Waterfront Half Marathon. We knew we didn't want to have the downtown big city hotel experience and were looking for a cozy little nest to come back to at the end of each busy day. We found that in the Willow Suite located on the top floor. Anne-Marie (and others) have already said it all in their recent reviews regarding how wonderful By the Park and the hosts are so I'll just add a few notes. Being a runner, it was lovely to be able to put on my running shoes and head down the street a block to run in the gorgeous 400 acre High Park. Upon the night of our arrival at 9:00 PM we were greeted by Margo & Ziggy then shown to our room by Ziggy. Not yet having had dinner, Ziggy filled us in and recommended a couple of neighbourhood restaurants. We chose Latinada (Cuban cuisine (which some say is an oxymoron!)) with great live music. On top of that, the food was yummy. While we had a rental car and took advantage of the parking available, we found the proximity to the subway ideal when we wanted to head downtown. All in all, we had a lovely 5 day stay and will definitely be returning guests!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple