Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt
Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
historically wonderful but has gone downhill

Have been here several times for girls day out. Historically, have been very impressed with... read more

Reviewed 7 February 2018

from US$ 15.30
from US$ 94.00
from US$ 125.50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This spa is great to have a relax day. Prices are a bit pricey, but the facility is gorgeous! The massage therapist are ok (I've had better ones at other spas) and the nail salon ladies are a "hit" or "miss". Had one lady that was very professional and great. Another time I had a lady that was late 5 minutes and didn't speak that well English. You have to book in advance. Its very likely that you can just walk in. Walk ins would be during the week. The weekends is always packed and busy.

Date of experience: January 2017
PR-At-The-Park, Public Relations Manager at Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your spa experience. Will share you comments with our Spa Director so she can follow up with our team as some parts of your time with us were not in keeping with the hospitality, service and treatment that we strive to provide. We hope you give us another try.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I visited the spa recently for a Swedish massage. I was pleased with the service and my massage therapist was fantastic and attentive. 5 minutes into the massage, just as I was entering into a deeply relaxing state the room started vibrating and a loud rumbling started...that is when I noticed that we were directly above the subway line.
This is a very unfortunate location for a spa. A spa is a place people go to relax and to distance themselves from city life and that did not happen for me. I could not enjoy my massage because without fail, every 5 minutes, the rumbling and noise would start all over again. The vibrations actually made everything in the room shake and make a sound of their own. Save your $ and go to a spa that is not located directly over a subway line.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank torontonian2015
PR-At-The-Park, Public Relations Manager at Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Sorry to hear of your disappointing spa visit. We do our best to try to detract from the everyday noises of city life as best we can and will share your comments with our Spa team.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

My friend and I visited the spa on a friday evening in February - we look forward to our annual Stillwater Spa night as a special treat. We very much appreciated the complementary facial offered in lieu of a cancelled massage. While the facial was 5 stars, the massage was probably the worst of my life - the massage therapist mostly used her forearms and elbows and was unable to adjust pressure - it was either hard or almost nothing - most annoying was that she kept taking her hands off, getting more oil, wiping her hands on the sheet and then going back to the massage - while she was very pleasant and professional I think she likely needs a lot more experience to become a good massage therapist - I felt myself tensing up constantly throughout the massage - not relaxing.

The facilities have gone downhill - I've visited Stillwater probably about a dozen times since it opened and have always appreciated the outstanding level of service and the relaxing facilities. This visit things just seemed 'tired', there was only one person at the reception desk, the hot tub was lukewarm at best, - the first shower I tried never warmed up - the wastebasket in the washroom was overflowing - the decaf coffee in the lounge area was barely warm - there were very few magazines in the lounge area and there were no fish in the aquarium. While none of these things would have bothered me at a standard spa at Stillwater, where we pay premium prices, it was very disappointing.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank R58_travel
PR-At-The-Park, Public Relations Manager at Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Sorry to learn of your disappointing visit to Stillwater. It is certainly not in keeping with the Spa experience that we provide. Your comments have been shared with our Spa Director for her immediate attention and follow up. We hope you will return to see that this is certainly not the spa experience we strive to provide. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I always enjoy Stillwater, the service, facilities, etc. The only improvement would be to emphasize to costumers that they need to shower before using the jacuzzi, specially after using the steam room. Also, some ladies can be quiet loud ie, when blow drying their hair while chatting to their friends, it would be nice if they are reminded to be quieter. So, please enforce the hygiene aspect and the spa voice :)

Date of experience: February 2017
PR-At-The-Park, Public Relations Manager at Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thanks for your comments. It is always ice to hear when our guests have enjoyed their time at Stillwater. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the Spa experience for everyone. We Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I was very much looking forward to a relaxing evening at the spa and booked myself for a pedicure. The lounge itself is quite nice and the change rooms are okay - not the nicest products but it is fine. For my pedicure, the lady was extremely nice but it was the worst pedicure I have ever had. She didn't do it properly at all. When I looked at my feet after the pedicure, I noticed that my heels were still quite dry. Also during the pedicure, she did not massage the scrub in or the lotion in (which are my favourite parts). She then put the paraffin on and left me for what seemed like over 15 minutes. The paraffin had definitely gone cold by then. I would not go back here again for any service.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank Samantha T
PR-At-The-Park, Public Relations Manager at Stillwater Spa at the Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Sorry to hear of your disappointing pedicure experience. Our Spa team have been forwarded a copy of your comments for their attention and follow up. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly regarding your recent visit.