Drake Hotel Toronto
US$ 221
US$ 286
US$ 262
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscrash padjonathan leclairecoolest hotelwelcome homethe hotel managerqueen streetno elevatorrooftop barlittle touchesnight liferooms are smallstreetcar stopthe entire staffthird floorhipstercrashpadwest
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed with my team on business in this hotel - what a treat it turned out to be. First impressions can be deceiving as when we entered the reception we were not sure what to expect from the hotel (and district). However this impression evaporated within minutes as the exceptional service and hotel unfolded. This hotel has it all - you hardly need to leave the hotel - a sun terrace (with bar / food), a club in the basement (a very hip club), a cafe on the side with sidewalk terrace and a great cocktail bar / club. The rooms are quirky, artsy and considered but function well. Even with a rampant Saturday night crowd throughout the hotel I could sleep soundly. Definitely our hotel of choice in Toronto - the staff were all superb and a great validation of this hotel is that they are all enthusiastic about where they work (and return to socialise there). Thanks for a memorable stay for all the right reasons. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The Hancock Room.
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I had a really nice stay. Design of the room interesting, trendy, cozy, tiny though. Fantastic staff! Thanks Pam! Great tartare. Just a bit noisy with terrace on the street and insulation between the floors. Cool neighborhood, with great little shops. Will come back with my daughter for discovery...

Room Tip: Rooms are small but well designed. Try upper floors if possible.
Reviewed 5 May 2012

i recently had the pleasure of staying at the Drake. after travelling almost nonstop for the past month staying in hyatts and westins i will never stay with them by choice again. The Drake scored 10/10 for customer service, 11/10 for immaculate room cleanliness (appreciation to the entire cleaning crew). from the cafe to the lounge all the servers were kind, attentive, and went above and beyond to inform me of different events.

Eve Harlow from the cafe was so kind to give me tips on art exhibitions in town as well as all the live music options in Toronto. Zoe and Stephanie from reception were warm, professional, informative, and helped me figure out parking, food, etc .

Internet ran beautifully with no glitches and free.

Compliments to the chef I'm in love with the arctic char and coconut shrimp sushi. It was so good when I stayed two weeks ago that I had to come back for the sushi. being half asian i have demanding preset concern usually regarding sushi, but would choose the drake's sushi anyday over any other sushi resto. the Litchi martinis were delicious and fresh.

Staff were so helpful with my heavy luggage and both of them (arrival nd departure) refused a tip. Not only do they desrve a tip but also a raise since it was gladiator effort to hoist my luggage up 3 flights of stairs with kind compassion.

All in all, having traveled many countries and having stayed in abodes from jungle huts to ritz to igloos, I felt so at home at the Drake and must come back to stay in the future. As an artist, I enjoyed that the entire hotel revolves around visual, audio (live bands all the time) art with a laid back, non snob approach. Thankyou for a lovely stay and to the manager, hope you keep all the wonderful people working frontline with customers.

Room Tip: if you dont want to hear music at night, you can request a room a bit further from it. for more space upgrade to a bigger den.
1  Thank shfn
Reviewed 1 May 2012

In the past year I’ve stayed at some truly outstanding boutique hotels around the world, including the Christian Lacroix designed Hotel Le Bellechasse and the Hotel Saint Germain in Paris, as well as London’s trendy Hoxton Hotel. I have also just recently had the pleasure of staying at the one and only Drake Hotel in Toronto. One thing that the Drake possesses in leaps and bounds above these other hotels is a vibe; it is its own self sustained hub with fabulous restaurants to suit anyone’s tastes, deliciously designed cocktails, live music, a beautifully curated art collection for those interested in the finer things and a cool factor that is truly one-of-a-kind.

Although it is a beautiful and vibrant space, perhaps the most important feature this hotel possesses is the staff who consistently went above and beyond during my stay. I found everyone I met to be the perfect combination of friendly, helpful and genuine which is a hard feat to find in a single person let alone an entire staff. Unlike any trip I’ve ever had, I found myself gravitating to the hotel rather than the city itself because there was so much to experience. The Hotel Manager Jonathan is one of the most delightful people I’ve ever met (his front desk staff are also lovely), the bartender Stan is wonderful, the curator Mia has talent galore and the list goes on...

The Drake has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that I have never experienced elsewhere and look forward to experiencing again sometime very soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicola P
Reviewed 25 April 2012

stayed at the drake in april 2012 and we had a god-damn ball. our room, although a smallish, was shmick, very comfy and extremely homey - we stayed five night so... The hotel is a real new millennium Shanghai-la - modern arty rooms and a quirky culture with an old school, but not over the top, service staff. in fact 'd say these people are frrrkin great!!! we spent most of our time watching the range of music and events and eating the excellent food at the cafe and restaurant!! first class gritts!!
the whole place is done to perfection!! Very cool but human!! No sterile retiree suites here. and while doing a fantastic job they've also created a great culture around the place.
the place is small enough to be cozy.... n cool enough to be relaxed n friendly enough to be ... friendly... no touchy feely wierd BnB owners n crochet doilies here. Nice work n cheers to all the staff!!
oh one minor issue... reading lamps pls

Room Tip: i think second floor rooms are a bit quieter. we had no noise probs n we were above the front doors
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple