“Nice Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We ended up here by chance, we saw they had a Lunch Set Menu and decided to try it. Place was really cozy and very busy. All tables full and people taking to go.
Set menu was good and cheap, they had a few options but we went for the two tacos (one beef and one chicken) + rice + some guacamole. Very good.
Services is also nice, both the guy at the cashier and the waiter spoke Spanish. You first order, they give you a number you take to your table and they bring your food.
For what we saw in the menu, they also offered some Mexican beers and drinks too.
They even had alfajores (that is actually Argentinean I believe, but they were good too).
We looked at what other people were eating and everything looked very good, we actually wanted to come one last time before leaving the city but couldn't. For sure next time!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

This small, very casual, order-at-the-counter, served-at-table restaurant is a find! Service was friendly and helpful, food was prepped beautifully and quickly. Our meals were hot, fresh, and flavourful, and tasted authentic. The hibiscus tea was refreshing. For a quick, delicious meal, I highly recommend this yummy little gem of a restaurant!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 18 March 2016

I came her based on a tip from someone that their guacamole was very good! This place is more of take out, but also has a dine in option. I had the guar and chips, which wet great and took me back to memories of California, it was one of the best I've had in the city. The chips were bit salty for my liking but the price was decent I can't comment on the other food,because I didn't try it. THe owner was very nice and welcoming! Guacamole craving has now been satisfied!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Was in Toronto for a Theater outing and day trip, found this restaurant to look "interesting"........upon entry the staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. The food smelt amazing with a good variety. My friend and I both ordered the Beef Quistadia, as recommended by our cook.....served fresh from the grill with fresh green salsa, avocado and sour cream. It was delicious! Will try other entries next time I am in Toronto.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 31 January 2016

It was overpriced with $6 for chips and guacamole. They were out of Steamwhistle and charged my friend the extra dollar for the difference in price to get a replacement beer. I didn't care for the way the chicken was seasoned in the quesadilla. The sour cream was very runny. The bathroom was clean but was down a flight of stairs so beware those with mobility issues or wheelchairs. My hunt for great mexican food in Toronto continues...

Date of visit: January 2016