“I don't understand how this restraunt survives in Toronto??”

Ten-Ichi Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #3,628 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

They charge you 12% tip. Yes, you hear me right. I don't want to give that much tip because I don't think their service worth that much; the waitress came back and ask for more??? I don't understand! Isn't tip a gratitude amount that is decide by the customer??
Oh, one more thing. I arrive at this place pretty late. After I sat down start eating for about 20 mins, the waitress came and said they are going to ask for last call. I dont have a problem with this, so I ordered a don and some sushi, thinking that these could be enough. I'm expecting a solid bowel of rice with fish on top. What I get is in the picture attached....????

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

This place is more a place for a inexpensive place just to fill your belly.

Not very authentic, run by Chinese not Japanese natives and it shows through the quality of food.

I would equate this as the McDonalds of Japanese restaurants.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is a favourite all you can eat sushi restaurant in Scarborough. We always try to book the cooking table. The price is a bit more but definitely worth the money. In addition to the set menu, the Chef will cook up as many additional dishes as you want. The service is always excellent. The servers are very attentive to your needs and do not hestitate to bring as many dishes as you want. In fact, our server encouraged us to order additional desserts. Everything on the menu is well-prepared.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went for supper 2 adults and one child. The food is very fresh. There is a good choice of sushi, sashimi, etc. They were quick to remove empty dishes and never showed annoyance when we kept re-ordering more food. The restaurant was full. Our waitress was patient explaining the dishes and even making suggestions.
When she brought the bill, she mentioned that the 12% tip was already included.
I will go there again.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

This is our first time in this restaurant and I wasn't very happy with the service. We have to keep on asking someone to pick up the used plate. The shrimp tempura is cold. The portion is too small. We ordered 3 of each dish and we only got one. Overall review for me is not good. I will not recommend this restaurant to our friends.
They have to hire manpower to provide good service.

1  Thank squareunit5