“Great value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Ten Ichi is one of the best valued all you can eat Japanese teppanyaki restaurant in Toronto! The sushi, the teppanyaki, the dessert are all amazing. The fact that it is all you can eat for what you pay is unimaginable! The service is very good too. We go at least 3 to 4 times a year.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ten-Ichi Japanese Cuisine

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

It's been almost a month since my last visit but I thought this place needed another great review.
Greeted w a smile at the door. Before ordering they brought us a boat full of sashimi to try.
All food was made right there in the open.
Waiters and waitresses are all super friendly and get your order to you asap.
Since moving to the bluffs, this is our new favourite "all you can eat" restaurant.

A definitely must go to place when in Scarborough

Reviewed 23 December 2016

I recently went for lunch with family at Ten-Ichi. That would be the 4th and last time we will eat at that place. The first time we ate there, the food was not good. The 2nd and 3rd time it was bareable. But the last time was just terrible. The fish that they used for the sushi and sashimi didn't taste fresh at all. The seaweed wrap was not fresh and crispy. The ramen soup that we ordered came cold. Some of the fish that was on the sushi tasted like it was caught from the lake! I love sushi, but not from this place. Never again.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Ten ichi scores a perfect TEN

Visiting my family in Toronto, for our second food hunt, we were treated by my sister and brother-in-law to an All-you-can-eat dining joint with sushi & lively teppanyaki chefs preparing our order ala-minute.

The Ten ichi Japanese restaurant is located in a strip-mall setting at 4810 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. It is open daily from 11:30AM–2:30PM, 5–11PM. As it gets pretty crowded, it is best to make reservations in advance, as my sister wisely did. Ah, local experience matters.

After leading us to our table, our party of four got the menu cards, and as my sister knows the way orders are done here, we yielded to her selections. We approved what she ordered with two thumbs up and a hearty burp!

But first, we were served a quaint sushi boat that was by itself enough meal for all of us. All the items on the party boat were fresh and very inviting. I particularly liked the sushi and the ika that went wit the boat. The salmon sashimi was also very fresh and distinctly flavorful.

Then in quick succession, the orders arrived. My ramen on light stock was refreshing, I had a second bowl later. There were skewered beef and grilled ribs, escargot, tempura, Korean beef, scallops, seaweeds, grilled squid tentacles, gyoza that was so good, we had 3 orders, and a melange of many other Japanese entree that left me and my wife spell-bound as we were stuffed to full satisfaction.

We capped the meal with green tea ice cream, and in-house Japanese tea.

Indeed, for CAD$28 per persons, the experience was topnotch, and the resto exuded the ambience of a Tokyo bistro. That night, the chilly wind outside the restaurant was forgotten as we took our time with every bite from what Ten Ichi was serving us.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Great selection on their menu for sushi and cooked food . I have been to this spot several times and recommended it to lots of other people. There is usually a wait even when you make reservations. It is a very busy place, so sometimes when you order an item they may forget and you will have to reorder again, not that big of a deal. The down side would be the language barrier with some of the servers. If you don't know what soemthing is and have a question about the menu items, they have a hard time understanding. I strongly suggest trying their fresh watermelon or strawberry juice.