I've read some of the reviews below and have to say that people have been really unfair regarding this hostel.
The proprietor was an easy going, straight forward guy - not rude at all - actually very funny and easy to get along with. It’s rare to see people in the services work that hard to please guests – so we appreciated this having come from backpacking around Europe.
As backpackers we were looking for value. We had the flexibility of cooking in if we needed a break from eating at restaurants which we really enjoyed. It was great to meet other guests at the hostel in the common area. Really relaxed vibe. Clean, simple, cheap. That's what we needed.
We were so close to all the major sites in the city - couldn't have asked for a better place.
St. Lawrence Market was literally down the street - it is an awesome farmers market - highly recommend!
Overall - we would definitely come back to this hostel next time we're passing through Toronto and will recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown, St. Lawrence Residences & suites is designed to handle all accommodations-leisure travels, business travels, extended stay or student housing. Our rooms are moderately priced and includes amenities such as: -air-conditioner - Color TV -Free wifi -Microwave -fridge -double cook-top -pots, pans & dishes. -Linens and towels provided Dining table or love seat or both depends on room configuration. Guests are welcome to use common kitchen and bathroom. Laundry facilities are within the premises. Phone in the lobby is free for local calls, Free Wi-Fi available all over the property. The dishes, pot and pans are yours to use at no extra charge all we expect is clean dishes, and pots & pans, for the next person. We offer accommodations geared to budget minded travelers. The Linen is provided Free for a limited time and includes bed sheets, pillow cover, blanket or comforter, and a bath towel, Limited secure parking available at property for $35 a night. Neighbourhood unsecured surface parking at reduced rates may be searched A 13% HST & 8% sundry charge is added to room charges etc. Our front desk hours are 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM, Monday to Saturday. Sundays closed. Please contact us 48 hours prior to arrival, by email. Check out time is 11:00 AM House keeping service if required No pets allowed No smoking in the building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Saint Lawrence Residences & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Lawrence Residences Hotel Toronto
- Saint Lawrence Residences And Suites