All reviewsbed and breakfasthuge jacuzzieach morningother guestspleasant staygeoffreydowntowndustcanadafurnishings
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The room that we stayed in did not look like the ones in the photos. No windows. No air. The owner had all his old furniture plus 4 wall clocks plus 800 books stuffed in our room. My husband and I couldn't move at the same time. As the room had no windows it was stinky.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Weeks ago I booked to a 4 night stay here over the Canada Day Weekend, only for them to cancel my reservation ON THE DAY of check-in!!! I have tried to get in contact with the hotel them to ask why, but they won't reply. BEWARE!

Room Tip: A room in different hotel would be better.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
sp00kyt00, Owner at Pimblett's Downtown Toronto B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

we are sorry not to have been able to accommodate the guest. I allocate two rooms per day to Booking.com. Unfortunately they over booked the 28th. of June by two extra rooms. This is very unusual for booking.com and there must have been a glitch or something in there reservations system.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Forget whatever you think a city centre bed and breakfast should be like as Pimblett's won't be like anywhere else you have stayed, but that is exactly why we loved it!
The building creaks, there is not enough room to properly unpack, the furnishings are old and you are on edge that you will break an ornament all the time, but boy, is it packed full of quirky character! Just looking at the teapot collection alone could keep you busy for a day, and that is before the UK royalty memorabilia, books and other 'objects'.
When we first arrived I thought, oh no, what have we come to? But we soon settled in and went with the flow of the place. I could understand that somebody with a hatred of clutter would be put off, but it really does feel like you are visiting somebody's house (In this case, your aged grandparents!). OK there is a bit of dust amongst the ornaments and the carpets and curtains are a bit frayed, but this is certainly not a conventional 'anywhere' B and B or motel. If you want that, go elsewhere.
We slept very well and the home cooked breakfasts are more than enough to set you up for a day in downtown Toronto. Geoffrey is a genial host who is just chatty enough, but not so much that you feel overwhelmed. The location is good. Buses and trams to downtown are not far and it is even possible to walk there in about 30 minutes, but there are plenty of bars, shops and restaurants nearby.
I happily recommend Pimblitt's, if only so that you can describe the amazing place to friends and family!

Room Tip: Our room at the back was probably quieter than those facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We had a delightful time at Pimblett's. It was definitely in the tradition of the old world pubs of the UK. If you are looking for modern and elegant, this isn't it. This is cozy, stuffed with kitsch and with a great, hearty Full English breakfast on order. The owner is a retired chef, and it shows in his kitchen. He's chatty, friendly, and has friendly pets to cuddle with.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenDragon9
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I was excited to stay at an interesting looking, cheaper, B & B instead of a chain hotel when I stayed in Toronto for a week recently. While the wild decor and ambiance was everything I hoped for, I was disappointed overall. There was no apparent "common room", I had to be up early every morning for training and never had breakfast there (it's only served from 9-11); not even a banana, coffee or pastry was offered before then. I found the owner, other than his accent, didn't match my hopeful vision of a chatty, welcoming Brit. I found him cold, in fact. He did warn me about the dog he was training, but the "gifts" the dog left behind created nasty smelly landmines. Oh, and the wifi worked in only one part of the room. Never again.

Room Tip: not recommended if you have to rise early.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business