All reviewsbed and breakfasthuge jacuzzieach morningother guestspleasant staygeoffreydowntowndustcanadafurnishings
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I highly recommend Albert Pimblett's downtown Bed and Breakfast as it oozes charm and character.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very good value for money. Geoffrey and his 'man servant' aka John (who serves scrumptious breakfasts) make a comic duo and are really the highlight of the b & b. They also have a dog, Brewster, who is only too eager to welcome you to the house!

The location is perfect, being located in Cabbagetown (old area), only a few blocks away from a subway station (10-15mins walk) and Church Street (gay area).

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very sad to leave.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XenaWarriorPrincess
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I was warmly greeted and sincere concern was shown for me and my belongings. After a quick tour and explanations of breakfast time and other amenities, I was turned to come and go as io pleased. Every morning was filled with the lovely aromas of bacon, sausage, eggs and John's (the cook) exquisite pancakes, along with fresh fruit, juice and other delicious items! This is a very convenient and affordable location in the heart of the city with all the feel of visiting a family member's house. Next visit I will bring the wife and book early!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Despite the friendly and interesting character of the owner and his friends, I can't rate this b and b highly. There was stuff everywhere, some of it interesting but this is the definition of clutter. You wondered how he'd manage to cook breakfast (same every day) or where to sit. Our room was not serviced daily, had torn wallpaper and drapes, and was missing 2 of the 3 pieces of the door molding in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2009

The decor, the furniture, the amazingly helpful and polite (and wonderful cook!) and innkeeper made for a very pleasant anniversary getaway for myself and my husband. We enjoyed the Bewdley room so much we have decided to make it an annual tradition.

Pimbletts is an excellent bed & breakfast in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2008

Being retired, I travel 5 months a year, so I seek out sensible places of character, in central locations. And B&B's like Pimblett's are perfect for getting local and current insight so wasted tourist-time is minimised

Geoffrey Pimblett is the perfect and genial host, surrounded by his vast collection of "treasures". The individual rooms take advantage of this and are themed (great fun) Mine came with a ghost, but she probably only called when I was out being a tourist, in this city where I first worked in 1964 as a student

A big secret is that Albert Pimblett is in fact the dog called Bertie

The House is surrounded by public transport, going in all directions, and in the week that I was there I did 27 journeys topped up by taxis

The pricing is very attractive, and includes a great breakfast (in fact I was also invited for dinner one evening)

And yes, the property has a Vicar : his day job is at the Mission for Seamen at lakeside, and the guests all provide a rich source of information about places to see and eat

This amazing dwelling served my every need for accommodation in Toronto, being so centrally located, and brilliantly priced.

And so much FUN!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BishopOfMelbourne