See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

I happened to stumble across Homewood Inn via google because it was behind a concert venue. Great location with a great price! I will be coming to this Inn more often when my visits in Toronto require staying the night.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katarina P
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

A friend and I had booked a night here simply because it was right behind a concert venue which he had tickets for the night of. We paid about 50$ each for a split room which is super reasonably priced compared to the rest of toronto. It's in walking distance of downtown Toronto as well as many other areas. Highly recommend this place if you're staying in town for a night or two. The Allen gardens was literally just down the street which was also really nice and convenient. Staff was super helpful and made sure we had everything we needed and made sure we were safe at night, is being two girls alone.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank kateschlitt
Reviewed 12 March 2014

What a great place. I had trouble getting a hotel room and was lucky enough to stumble on the Homewood Inn through web browsing. It is located, on beautiful Homewood Avenue, within walking distance of the Yonge/Wellesley Subway entrance .
The house is charming, built in 1828, and it's charm is only exceeded by that of the hosts; Dolores and her daughter, Eadie. They are very accommodating and thoughtful. The rooms are large, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast is great. On top of everything there is FREE PARKING! A real plus for Toronto. My 3 nights there will not be my last visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tommyplymouth
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have been staying at Homewood Inn for a number of years now, each June-July for Pride weekend/Canada Day weekend. I first was directed to it about 5 or 6 years ago when a friend's B&B was full. It's perfect for me as far as location, as I have a friend who lives around the corner who I spend time with while I am there, plus the village is just a few short blocks to the west.

If you are looking for posh, you need to go to the Mariott. However, if you are looking for location at affordable prices, this will work for you. The breakfast is a good size, at least I think so. I generally only get half of what's offered.

I look forward to my stays there each year, particularly to see Dolores and Eadie.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank H G
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Toronto is 100 miles away. I am there often. I could not afford downtown hotels and the antiseptic impersonality of them is not comfortable for me. Last weekend, again, I stayed at the Homewood Inn. And thought what a good place and how lucky I am to have it. On a quiet still not overly gentrified street right downtown in the Toronto neighbourhoods, the Church Wellesley Village and Cabbagetown, close to everything in Toronto's great downtown on foot or nearby streetcar, bus and subway. Shady front porch where people sit. A good 24-hour grocery a block away. Nice communal kitchen, which is important to me. It has been there for decades, founded by its present owners who with all their experience are the people who look out for you as their guests in every way that you want and let you live your independent lives. All the rooms are different, some palatially large, some small. Comfortable beds. Generous breakfasts. Shared bathrooms except for the suites that have their own bathroom. Nearby Allan Gardens Victorian glass house of exotic plants. A handy branch of the Toronto Public library. A great original theatre, Buddies in Bad Times.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo