“Fun and inspiring!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Dolci Foodie Studio

Le Dolci Foodie Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Le Dolci - Located in downtown Toronto our goal is to bring fun, foodie education to the city. Join us for sweet classes including: cupcake, cake pops, cake and cookie decorating classes. We also teach classes on how to create deliciously Parisian macarons, RAW cupcakes, truffles, and more! Classes are two hours, hands-on & full of icing sugar fun!Participants leave with a sweet parcel of their creations as a tasty souvenir of the experience.
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun and inspiring!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Extremely fun learning experience...gives you new insights in the sweet foodie life. Enjoyable for groups of friends! Good choice for when you're off to Toronto for some holidays. Thanks a lot Le Dolci...we'll be back soon!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank RubenV46
LisaDCE, Owner at Le Dolci Foodie Studio, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Hope to see you again soon in Toronto.
Kind Regards,
The Le Dolci Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baking is fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Do you want to have fun with your kids, friends, parents.....this is the place! Wonderful teacher, friendly and knowledgeable. The owner takes a different approach to baking and get your immagination going, especially when it comes to decorating. I have gone the first time with my mother, but since then, I have been with a group of friends and also with some of my co-workers, there is always something new going on, you really don't get bored and to top it all, I get to take those exquisite gems home with me!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank marwan9
thornhill, ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An average Experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I visited Le Dolci for the macaron class and was not that impressed. I am an avid baker and cook and wanted to learn some tips for making macarons. I have been to many cooking and baking classes in Toronto and abroad and unfortunately wasnt impressed with Le Dolci. Although the instructor was lovely and knowledgeable the faciltiy was just ok. I felt that it would have been nice to offer your students some coffee or some sort of drinks while we were there for the two hours. when we came in there was a dish of macarons on the table to taste,but that was the end of it. I also felt that a mirror above the kitchen counter would really help the students see what was going on while the prep was taking place. I also felt that the recipes should have been distributed before the class began so you could make the notes that you wanted. The class was around $80.00 and I did not feel it was worth it. We watched the Instructor make the first batch and then we as a class made the second. We each took home 7 of the macarons and when I tasted them the next day, they werent great. I hate to give this review,but I feel that Le Dolci really needs to step it up.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank msof3
LisaDCE, Owner at Le Dolci Foodie Studio, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Msof3,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all students’ feedback and would like to address your comments in your review. I would’ve loved to address this with you over the telephone or directly via email but understand that communication methods vary for each customer.

In regards to the class set up we are aware of the visual aspect of the class and we are in the process of moving to a newer, larger space that will allow for a better viewing of all teachers’ actions.

Refreshments in class is a great suggestion we actually served refreshments in our first few months of opening and found that it went untouched after each class as guests either brought their own favourite brew from Starbucks or local tea shops or were too engrossed in class to take advantage of them.

The recipes are distributed after class as again, originally when they were distributed at the start of class they were left behind, people said they preferred email and we are trying to be environmentally friendly and be a paperless business as much as possible. That said, I will keep a few printouts for customers who wish to use one to make notes on during class.

In comparison to the other schools in the city we are the lowest price and pride ourselves on being the friendliest and most fun. I would love for you to come to another class so please contact me at your earliest to discuss that option and also for me to express my apologies that you did not have a great time with us. We hope to see you in our new space for another class sometime soon.

Kind Regards,
Lisa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Fabulous! A must try!! Reserve your spot today!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

If you are looking for an extremely fun time for the whole family! (men included!! ) try Le Dolci! Wow! Get ready to have fun and learn some amazing tricks of the trade all at the same time! Located in a beauiful suite with gorgeous windows allowing you to work with natural light (if it's durIng the day! Lol) If you're looking to get out there an meet people, this is the place, wanna pretend your on Cakeboss for the day this is the place!! Are you looking to have a memorable time which even involves bringing home your very own marvelous creations!? Yes?! Wll the real question now is why haven't you booked your spot in the next upcoming class?!
I <3 Le Dolci!!

Kylie Virtue
Cupcake decorator for life!

1 Thank KylieVirtue
toronto
“Delicious and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My 6 year old and myself went to one of the Christmas cupcake decorating classes in December. I was impressed by the knowledgeable and helpful teacher we had. My son was thoroughly engaged in creating beautifully decorated cupcakes. We both had a wonderful time and the best part about the class is we got to take home delicious cupcakes without having to clean up the mess. I am looking forward to taking another class. Thank you Lisa for the wonderful memories.
Tommy L.