“Birthday”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Coolmine Road
Transit: The #505 Dundas Streetcar stops at Dundas & Dovercourt, less than a 1 minute walk from our front door.
Description: Enoteca Sociale is a real Italian Wine-Bar in the west end of Toronto. Sociale brings the concept of the Italian Enoteca to Toronto. Our value driven wine list focuses on hidden gems from various regions of Italy plus some of Ontario’s finest. We are proud to offer 80 wines under $80, available in tasting sizes thanks to our Enomatic system. Chef Rocco Agostino’s menu featurescad daily house made pasta with inspiration from classic Roman cuisine and local seasonal ingredients. Our very own cheese cave houses a selection of Ontario and Italian cheese. Simple, Honest and Natural.—Chef Rocco Agostino, Max Rimaldi & Daniel Clarke
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We came in for my mama's birthday and had the most wonderful experience and dinner. The service and welcome was so incredible that I was overwhelmed. Thank you to our server and Catherine for making everything such a special night.

We cannot wait to be back for the amazing food and love.
Asia

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We went to Enoteca for dinner and were greeted by a very friendly staff. Our server was wonderful...informative...friendly...present when needed but not intrusive. The food was good.We all had appetizers from small salads to pate to beef carpaccio The side dishes for our main course is easily large enough to share between two people.WE all enjoyed our pasta dishes but I felt my choice was a bit salty for my taste. The washrooms are in the cellar so inaccessible to those with mobility handicaps. Had a great evening...would go back next time we are in Toronto.

1  Thank robertBOttawa
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is all about prompt communication and follow-through. I emailed the restaurant to ask if I could purchase a gift card for relatives living in Toronto, explaining I live in the US. I got a prompt reply saying "Of course!" and a promise they would even snail-mail it to the recipient, along with advice as to the best time to call the restaurant to get it done. When I called, I got the same "Of course!" welcoming, and within days got an email confirming the card had been mailed. This was hardly a large gift card, but the general and assistant managers both treated my transaction as if I were spending a fortune. I am beyond impressed, and have no doubt that the service at this establishment is just as exemplary.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

They call it “A real Italian Wine Bar”, but for me it stands for the best Italian food ever (I’ve been to Italy). While the menu is only a page long, the selection of dishes based on seasonal ingredients represent what all Italians swear by: mozzarella di bufula, tiniest tortellini, aromatic formaggi e salumi, dreamy gnocchi and other bits and pieces to die for. Reserving a table is easy, but only if you are super lucky. I usually call a few days in advance.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Nothing to rave about here. I found the food to be good, but less than thrilling. Nothing on the menu really caught my eye or excited me. There are plenty of great restaurants in the city with more effort in their menu, sadly this place fell short.