“Toronto's Leslieville Food Tour”

Culinary Adventure Co.
Culinary Walking Tour of Greektown or Leslieville
Ranked #1 of 41 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your Culinary Adventure Starts Here. Since, 2010, we have worked hard to become Canada's largest and "Best Rated" culinary adventure company - we showcase the best of Ontario. Whether joining us for the first time or looking for a unique gift or special occasion - we have an award winning culinary experience to fit everyone's palate. Explore the dozens of Food Tours, Culinary Adventures or Class, we offer, there is something tasty running EVERYDAY. Join us.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Kitchener, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Toronto's Leslieville Food Tour”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I joined Chef Scott last Saturday on his Leslieville food tour and had an amazing time. I was concerned the tour might take up too much of our day but it didn't. We thought the pace of the tour was just PERFECT with stops at local shops, restaurant, cafes, wine tasting and olive oil tasting. My favourite was the olive oil tasting where Scott instructed us on how to properly taste olive oils and enjoyed a pairing with chocolate. I learned a lot about the Toronto and can't wait to go back and visit the cheese and olive oil shops again!

3 Thank Paula C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Edgewater
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a night...”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I booked Chef Scott's tour for myself and two buddies. It was before the "official" tour season starts but Chef Scott made an accomodation for us and I am so glad he did! Our tour started at 7:00 and by 7:45 we had already had 4 cocktails, met two incredible restaurant owners and made some new friends by crashing a Roasted Pig party. Then Chef Scott said "Are ya ready for the tour to start?" Things just got better from there. From the drinks at a local private speakeasy to the food from Chef Sharif at Teatro it was amazing all the way around. And speaking of round... Chef Scott went out of his way to make sure we were having a blast. I would highly recommend this tour and honestly I'm not really into Italian food. This was a great way to introduce ourselves to Toronto as it was our first time there. Hats off to Chef Scott...

5 Thank EdgewaterJeffrey
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I Felt Like a Local”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I joined Chef Scott on the Riverside/Leslieville tour with five other guests in April, 2012. This was my first trip to Toronto and I wanted to see an area beyond downtown. I love food and history – this tour combined both. We took a leisurely walk around the area, making five or six stops to different small stores and restaurants with welcoming proprietors. We learned about sustainable seafood, sourdough bread, and olive oils. We walked through wonderful small neighborhoods and felt welcome.

Chef Scott, although claiming himself not a tour guide, had great stories about the history of the area. He understands the dynamics of a group and let us get to know each other without feeling uncomfortable. Scott is an affable “fat chef” (his words, not mine), who has a passion for food and the food area of Toronto. Being a foodie myself, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him about food and getting some tips from a professional. Well done Cheffy!

After the tour is over we adjourned to a local pub, had a few local beverages, and talked more about food. We met some of the local folk in the area and kept the party going. Yes, Scrappy is a real person, a jewel of a lady – pleasure to meet her.

As luck would have it, Chef Scott’s girl was out of town for the evening. He suggested the tour continue. He secured a great table at Salt Wine Bar where the Chef and I met up with some of our other tour mates. The tapas were some of the best food I had in the city. The confit chicken wings and lobster ceviche were especially outstanding.

The night continued on, more special Toronto establishments were shown to us. We met bartenders who were like great chefs themselves, but with alcohol. It was truly a wonderful experience. Thank you Chef Scott – I’ll be back!

6 Thank Joe K
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Did this for my boyfriend's birthday. It's just the two of us and Chef Scott but it's still tons of fun. We had a couple of cocktails along with a lot of "WOW!! I have never tasted anything like this and would it be embarrassing if I lick the plate clean" food. Chef Scott is very knowledgeable and nice. It is very hard to put the whole tour into words and describe the food we had. We even brought a camera but did not take any pictures because it's all about the experience. Pictures can't do any justice. We definitely will go back for other tours.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank Bluejade79
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun evening”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Having lived in Toronto my whole life, I wasn't sure how much I would get out of this tour but went with some friends for something different to do - we had a great time, and the evening was enjoyed by both the hard core foodies and the more easy going eaters alike. Leader Chef Scott seemed to read the group dynamics well (there were basically 2 separate groups of friends that participated during our outing) and was able to take the lead and pull back at the right times to let the conversation roll. Tons of food and drink were served so it was very good value for money, at excellent establishments that were new to me (and I dine out a lot!) that I would all return to on my own.

Visited October 2011