“Amazing Cocktails and Wine and Tapas!!!”
Review of Salt

Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #539 of 8,756 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dundas street
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

I went on Tuesday night with my friends that are regulars there. It didn't disappoint Phil the manager was top notch and help me decide the wines for each dish we had. All of us were very pleased by the bartenders and how we were treated. This is in a new trendy area on Ossington near Dundas. I'm not from Toronto but will be back hopefully sooner then later....

1  Thank KevinLinhares
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Salt Wine Bar is a terrific Iberian tapas restaurant on Ossington at Dundas. It has a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. Exposed brick walls lined with wine bottles. Everything comes as small sharing portions. Tapas is not normally my favourite style of dining but as Salt it works extremely well. We've been twice in the past few months and the food and service were terrific both times. Highlights were the grilled calamari, the argentinian-style NY strip loin steak and the sea scallops with pork belly. The bread & olives to nibble on at the start were addictive. The charcuterie board appetizer was tasty but we felt it expensive for what we got. The foie gras and chicken liver pate appetizer was good but not memorable. Unlike everything we ate, the pate had kind of flavourless. There are so many other tasty choices on the menu that we make a different selection next time. A minor quibble. We had a Chilean Carmenere red wine which was delicious and very well priced. We sampled several desserts. Creme Brule was very good. But it was their take on deep-fried donut dough with a dipping sauce that was a major hit. Even for a non-dessert eater like me, it was incredible. Service was attentive and professional. They are trying very hard and doing an excellent job. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Eric22754
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We came here for a friend's birthday and at first when we walked in it was a bit empty, however, it was a Thursday night.
We were served and acknowledged when we stepped foot through the doors.
We were a party of 12 guests and our male server was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable with the menu and wine list. We wanted reisling and he recommended very close to that and it tasted great. He was truthful with his opinions of the food we were ordering.
Of the many dishes we ordered, we enjoyed the steak dish.
I would recommend this place to other casual dining restauranteurs.

1  Thank Jyong1920
Reviewed 27 June 2015

I recently came here with my girlfriend and my brother for a celebratory dinner. We were looking for a place with some decent charcuterie and we weren't disappointed. In addition, the tapas-style was top notch in our views. However, we were a bit disappointed with some of the serving sizes. At the price we were paying, we expected a bit more. As a result, we had to add two more mains to it to make a bit more filling. The NY striploin was cooked to perfection and cut up into slices for us. We also ordered the grilled octopus, tuna, ceviche, venison carpaccio, patatas, and the risotto. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed the decor (lot of Portuguese wines on display) and we would definitely return for lunch. The portion sizes were the only reason this review doesn't get a full 5 stars.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Small & intimate. Great cocktail list and wines focused on Portugal and Spain. Ordered a sauvignon blanc from Spain that did not disappoint. Everything we ordered was top notch and delicious. Oohs and aahs with the arrival of every new dish. Reasonably priced, great service. My only complaint was that the tables can be very close together. We were there to celebrate our anniversary, so didn't care to hear the conversation of those inches away. In spite of all the tapas places in Toronto, I would definitely dine here again.

1  Thank tmcdee